• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Cyphophoenix alba

WaianaeCrider

Done for the day.  Plantaed Cyphophoenix alba which was #5 of the 15.  Only ten more holes to dig.  LOL  That's Beccariophoenix alfredii in the same bed behind C. alba.

Cyphophoenix alba--20201018_140641.jpg

Cyphophoenix alba--20201018_140657.jpg

Cyphophoenix alba--20201018_140743.jpg

• Like 5

Steve

Born in the Bronx

Raised in Brooklyn

Matured In Wai`anae

I can't be held responsible for anything I say or do....LOL

16 hours ago, WaianaeCrider said:

Plantaed Cyphophoenix alba which was #5 of the 15.  Only ten more holes to dig.  LOL  That's Beccariophoenix alfredii in the same bed behind C. alba.

So what is the purpose of the block perimeter around this?  Is this in a low spot so you wanted to raise the planter up a few inches?

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation

51 minutes ago, Tracy said:

So what is the purpose of the block perimeter around this?  Is this in a low spot so you wanted to raise the planter up a few inches?

About 1/2 of my property is the slopes on two sides of a mostly dry stream that only flows after heavy rain.  The blocks are to creat terraces of flat land to plant on.   Good Question.20200920_144957.thumb.jpg.ec7eb3e8549a44a19f173635bb87556a.jpg

20201002_122147.thumb.jpg.69e5a0f474f8ce0b93a4f3a8339924d4.jpg

Steve

Born in the Bronx

Raised in Brooklyn

Matured In Wai`anae

Steve, C. alba is such a pretty palm, & it should grow great for you. I'm on my second one, that seems A-Ok with where it's planted for a couple years now. So, fingers crossed..

• Like 1

Bret

Coastal canyon area of San Diego

"In the shadow of the Cross"

I’m envious of all that property. Looks like you’ve got more than enough room to keep on planting for awhile. I’ve got a little Cyphophoenix alba too maybe a wee bit smaller than yours that I’m looking for that right spot. 

12 hours ago, The Gerg said:

I’m envious of all that property. Looks like you’ve got more than enough room to keep on planting for awhile. I’ve got a little Cyphophoenix alba too maybe a wee bit smaller than yours that I’m looking for that right spot. 

I've got 2 acres.  It's a lot of work keeping it clear and terracing.  Now that the rainy season has hit the weeds gonna germinate so much faster.  At 77 I'm not a fast as I use to be, but the yard keeps me active.  Like to hike 2 times a week if I can for at least 5 hours.

• Like 1

Steve

Born in the Bronx

Raised in Brooklyn

Matured In Wai`anae