Jump to content
NOT A TA

Share some pics of your cool car/truck/motorcycle thread

Recommended Posts

NOT A TA

@sgvcns Cool that you're using the Valiant as your daily. I had a Valiant I did a chalk mark restoration on and then used as a daily driver for years. It was the first full paint job I did back when we still used acrylic lacquer.

010.jpg

009.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
www.dadluvsu.com

Had a 1953 VW Zwitter (rarest of all beetles) back when I lived downtown Delray...  The lighted semaphores confused the hell out of people...  Even hunted down a supercharger for it :lol:

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4697.JPG

IMG_4698.JPG

IMG_4699.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Butch
On 11/22/2020 at 8:29 AM, PatientPalms said:

Had a 1953 VW Zwitter (rarest of all beetles) back when I lived downtown Delray...  The lighted semaphores confused the hell out of people...  Even hunted down a supercharger for it :lol:

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4697.JPG

IMG_4698.JPG

IMG_4699.JPG

How did run with the supercharger on it?..... Really cool!... Love old bugs...

Butch

Edited by Butch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
www.dadluvsu.com
21 hours ago, Butch said:

How did run with the supercharger on it?..... Really cool!... Love old bugs...

Butch

Crazy torque, fuel burned a hole in my wallet, and chicks swooned.  :lol:  Just kidding, went from 31hp to approx 36... ^_^ very little appreciable difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
www.dadluvsu.com

This was my first car; The Sixty-Nine Coke Can...  Got it with holes in the floor and putrid yellow cause it was all I could afford when I was 17.  Some kind of crazy tuxedo paint scheme before tuxedo was even a thing.  This car went to The Keys every weekend, back when it was still cool down there... Not covered in concrete and locked fences everywhere.  Oh the care-free memories... :innocent:

IMG_4700.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAndSancho

My Tacoma when she was prettier. 4"/6" drop on some imported Japanese wheels, flowmaster muffler, K&N. She isn't fast but she sounds like it. 

Capture+_2021-01-14-21-05-15(1).jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NOT A TA
39 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

My Tacoma when she was prettier. 4"/6" drop on some imported Japanese wheels, flowmaster muffler, K&N. She isn't fast but she sounds like it.

Nice truck, don't think I've ever seen wheels like those.  They've got a kind of land speed racer vibe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAndSancho
1 minute ago, NOT A TA said:

Nice truck, don't think I've ever seen wheels like those.  They've got a kind of land speed racer vibe.

They're Japanese "VIP" style wheels. I had a Lexus GS300 I was going to build in that style, but a kid blew a stop sign and totalled it out. I'd love to throw money into the truck again, but I need a nicer vehicle to go on sales calls, and I need a bigger place to live. My dog needs a yard and now I need more room for my palms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
www.dadluvsu.com

That 4/6 drop reminded m me of a little truck I had back in the day....  95 dakota...  Loads of speakers inside and outside, a couple screens, a dozen hidden purple neon tubes under there made the coolest ominous glow and even rigged up a 10,000 bubbles per minute machine out of the rear camper window for rides in Fort Lauderdale and Miami :lol:

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAndSancho

Digging the Caddy lights in the roll pan! Man, the late 90s were peak Mini Truckin'  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daryl

This is my '54 Beetle on full custom everything

54oval_2.jpg.b16eb400780674317f1d5430fe889346.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daryl

My Current drive...

DSC_1723.thumb.jpg.e9a2f5280eae5abbe55705a21573a5f3.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyManUtah

While not as cool as everyone else’s, it’s germane to my lifestyle and places I need to go. I ran this thing to the ground at over 400K miles. So I bought a new one to replace it in 2015, when it had had enough. Got to the point of wooden tailgate, but I can only find a photo of the front. 

C2A29AE7-5947-4A32-ADFB-0AEAECDF45B6.jpeg.b9a87195ff4ca0b49ab6c82f6faf071f.jpeg
 

Upgrade, may we get another 400k:

DC7317A5-4F2C-496E-B412-A0DD24FFC411.jpeg.3824528b9b0bdf50207b5b8d01311d2a.jpeg
 

in its natural habitat, the middle of nowhere: 

E4422CDD-3087-4E7B-8BC7-91D417760EAC.jpeg.0405df30e391cbef968b26d1102a45ce.jpeg
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAndSancho
2 hours ago, RyManUtah said:

While not as cool as everyone else’s, it’s germane to my lifestyle and places I need to go. I ran this thing to the ground at over 400K miles. So I bought a new one to replace it in 2015, when it had had enough. Got to the point of wooden tailgate, but I can only find a photo of the front. 

C2A29AE7-5947-4A32-ADFB-0AEAECDF45B6.jpeg.b9a87195ff4ca0b49ab6c82f6faf071f.jpeg
 

Upgrade, may we get another 400k:

DC7317A5-4F2C-496E-B412-A0DD24FFC411.jpeg.3824528b9b0bdf50207b5b8d01311d2a.jpeg
 

in its natural habitat, the middle of nowhere: 

 

Toyotas are always cool :shaka-2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palmaceae
On 11/1/2020 at 7:38 PM, Vicinity said:

Love the Camaros.

Nice fox body Palmaceae. You got more pics?

image.png.5528c3fd17798e6228ff1fcd50cc42c5.png

Yes, a few more.

leftside86.thumb.jpg.9ba0742601648f48b53d4278f25f893d.jpg

rearinterior86.jpg

righteng86.jpg

rightside86.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrick

My 86 CRX. Only 126K on it. The darn CVCC emissions control is crazy. I wish I could delete all the vacuum lines and just run a straight carb, but in CA that's a no-no

IMG_20200928_185628.thumb.jpg.c1ddb8cf74a32d0f6f7dff97441c3f4b.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greysrigging
On 1/18/2021 at 4:48 AM, JohnAndSancho said:

Toyotas are always cool :shaka-2:

Shame you don't get the Diesel engined variants in the States. The Toyota Hilux ( in all its model configurations ) is the biggest selling vehicle ( not just the utility truck market, all vehicles ! ) in Australia, followed closely by the Ford Ranger.
12716282_1269314469751986_6994516850810387479_o.thumb.jpg.c05472e13c629af50970e35cbe33bd28.jpg

12779242_1275140339169399_369417251025823689_o.thumb.jpg.5c13c0d1d5504d7888620d7a6dd597c8.jpg

12923378_1301457046537728_9017601514917214632_n.jpg.73e18de36afa8d364b14dfcd509fa228.jpg

12472789_1301457089871057_2532137602051875123_n.jpg.889d72c993687d10832937dbdaa0132d.jpg

12512772_1301457246537708_4447594692212738237_n.jpg.d9b1f707ad668f75b29dcd680869fac3.jpg








 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrick
10 hours ago, greysrigging said:

Shame you don't get the Diesel engined variants in the States. The Toyota Hilux ( in all its model configurations ) is the biggest selling vehicle ( not just the utility truck market, all vehicles ! ) in Australia, followed closely by the Ford Ranger.









 

A Diesel engine Tacoma would be Awesome. I have a V6 Pre-runner and I think it's great.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAndSancho

Yes, this is a stapler - vintage Swingline but it's painted with car paint. It's House of Kolor Kandy Apple Red with a fine metal flake and pinstriped in One Shot. Old skool lowrider/kustom with a k style. 

Message_1612996389307.jpg

Edited by JohnAndSancho
Added note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amh
On 2/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, JohnAndSancho said:

Yes, this is a stapler - vintage Swingline but it's painted with car paint. It's House of Kolor Kandy Apple Red with a fine metal flake and pinstriped in One Shot. Old skool lowrider/kustom with a k style. 

Message_1612996389307.jpg

2f8d18fd0cea7838179ee82e408fbe4f.jpg.3be8085b1c69005efdea70f5b5947c37.jpg

Mumbling intensifies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAndSancho
1 minute ago, amh said:

2f8d18fd0cea7838179ee82e408fbe4f.jpg.3be8085b1c69005efdea70f5b5947c37.jpg

Mumbling intensifies.

I have some really cool relevant wall art at home. I'm posted up at work until we thaw though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amh
Just now, JohnAndSancho said:

I have some really cool relevant wall art at home. I'm posted up at work until we thaw though. 

Cool.

I couldn't resist posting Milton after seeing the red stapler.

Might check out Harley's lava red, I always thought it has a lot of potential.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAndSancho
17 minutes ago, amh said:

Cool.

I couldn't resist posting Milton after seeing the red stapler.

Might check out Harley's lava red, I always thought it has a lot of potential.

A buddy in OK painted it for me when I got my first office. I love it because literally nobody on the planet has one like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NOT A TA

Here's another one of mine. Was my DD many years ago after the first refresh I gave it. This time it's getting full Hotchkis suspension and a drive train upgrade with a 357 SBC, T-400, and a Grand National rear end. Paint is done in the pics but I haven't installed the new landau top yet.

81Malibu119.jpg

81Malibu120.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...