IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Share some pics of your cool car/truck/motorcycle thread

NOT A TA

I've noticed a lot of us have all sorts of cool cars & trucks in the background of many of the Palmy pics we post. Maybe I catch the tail light of an old MGB in a garage or the front fender of a Bentley but I notice them and wish I could see the whole vehicle. So join in ! Share a pic of your's, your spouses, kids, whatever.  Here's one of mine, a '67 Camaro RS SS Convertible. It's been under the metal knife lately while I replaced all the sheet metal in the trunk area.

006_zps3a02a07c.jpg

th_002_zps0b7fe2ee.jpg

DSCN4735.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Nice 67 RS/SS!! One of my dream cars is a 69 RS. I don't care if its base beyond that, I the look of those hideaway headlights. I also love 68 Chargers and 69 GTO's. Apparently I like cars with no headlights. 

My collection consists mostly of Chevy trucks but thats only because they are cheaper than the muscle cars that I truly love. Here is my 1972 Chevy K-5 Blazer at the Galveston seawall. I even have palm trees in the background to keep things kosher. 

20180420_112246.jpg

20180420_114058.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Here us my 1972 Suburban being towed by my dads 1970 GMC Suburban 4x4. The second picture is my Suburban with a 1971 Chevy truck that I gave my dad.

20200724_121614.jpg

20200724_134500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Finally here is my 1971 Chevy project truck. Just making this a little work truck for now. Its going to have to put in a few more years of work before it gets a full restoration. 

20200626_171932.jpg

20200626_171750.jpg

• Like 5

This was my 2013 Landrover Defender 90, it was the first short wheel base landrover I'd ever had, all my others had been long wheel base and 3 of them ex military. This one was great, ran well and could go anywhere but unfortunately was just too nice to get dents and scratches on so I was a bit limited in where I would take it so I parted ways with it and bought another ex military one that I'm not so fussy about getting scratched. This was a lovely little toy though!

Screenshot_20201003-111154_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-111127_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

This is my current toy, a Royal Australian Army Landrover Perentie, straight from the government auctions as the military are selling them off now as their service days are coming to an end. They are fantastic vehicles if you enjoy camping, fishing etc... and they're just good fun! I love em!

Screenshot_20201003-112506_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-112518_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-112530_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I owned this bike for more than 30 years, and I would still have it if it had electric starting.  Totally different 'feel' compared to  Japanese bikes, and a wonderful sound.

norton 002.jpg

norton 004.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

San Francisco, California

Here a few of my cars and bikes, do not have them anymore but I restored all three.

1929 Model A Tudor, I restored it and it was so much fun driving her around, I miss it, maybe one day I will get another one.

1968 Mustang, I restored it from the ground up, won many car shows, loved that car!

1986 Mustang GT Convertible, that was a fun driver!

Also had 2 bikes, a Honda Shadow and a Honda VTX1300.

I also had a 1965 Jeep Wagoneer which I never got around to restore.

I hope to get another classic in the future.

2012-10-14_15-48-56_171.thumb.jpg.6f90b58acd4d07e25a4a6784461e776d.jpg1968_Mustang_RMason.thumb.JPG.7e18a5daa87e989da71a55197be77e38.JPGIMG_5957a.thumb.JPG.e4bbcc396a67f6234d5e53c430ba22b4.JPG1653121008_86GT.jpg.cf008ec11e48cfb63a096950b0c13456.jpg

IMG_0200.JPG

20180224_130318.jpg

IMG_9385.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Awesome collection of vintage tin from everybody! I really dig that camo Landover! I couldn't imagine a better vehicle to cruise around the outback in. My kids introduced me to old footage of the Camel cigarette sponsored Landover's that raced across South America back in the 1980's. After watching those old videos I gained a lot of respect for those rigs. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HtownPalms said:

Here us my 1972 Suburban being towed by my dads 1970 GMC Suburban 4x4. The second picture is my Suburban with a 1971 Chevy truck that I gave my dad.

Great trucks! The first street vehicle I started driving (started in little race cars) was a '64 Suburban I drove for work till it returned to the earth. My last burb was an '84 I sold a couple years ago in pic below. I built a lot of cars for others, you probably would have liked the'69 Camaro below I built from just a bare body even though it wasn't an RS.

84Suburban007.jpg

003_zpsee654e4f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

@sandgroper that military Land Rover is awesome! They shoulda used those for the Jurassic Park movie!

@Darold Pettythat 750 is ICONIC!!!!  Would have loved to have one of them. I was on Hondas then. My last bike was a Suzuki GS 1000L. I sold it because I was just too much of a full throttle guy on a bike and would routinely run 140 MPH on the way to and from work. I knew it was only a matter of time before I'd kill myself and had a wife & 2 stepkids so I did the "grown up" thing and sold it.

@Palmaceae I've got a '66 Mustang I need to finish. was my daily driver back in the 80's. Then built a 302 for NOS, 9" rear etc.  and jumped projects. Then it was stolen while I was moving to FL along with the trailer it was in and the Suburban in the pic above. Got part of my things back but it was a bad episode. Need to do the bodywork & paint but I did buy it a new cover this week! hahaha  I did work on a bunch of 5.0' Fox bodies for others but never owned one.

Mustang back in the day & current.

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

013.jpg

66Mustang001-1.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NOT A TA said:

@sandgroper that military Land Rover is awesome! They shoulda used those for the Jurassic Park movie!

@Darold Pettythat 750 is ICONIC!!!!  Would have loved to have one of them. I was on Hondas then. My last bike was a Suzuki GS 1000L. I sold it because I was just too much of a full throttle guy on a bike and would routinely run 140 MPH on the way to and from work. I knew it was only a matter of time before I'd kill myself and had a wife & 2 stepkids so I did the "grown up" thing and sold it.

@Palmaceae I've got a '66 Mustang I need to finish. was my daily driver back in the 80's. Then built a 302 for NOS, 9" rear etc.  and jumped projects. Then it was stolen while I was moving to FL along with the trailer it was in and the Suburban in the pic above. Got part of my things back but it was a bad episode. Need to do the bodywork & paint but I did buy it a new cover this week! hahaha  I did work on a bunch of 5.0' Fox bodies for others but never owned one.

Mustang back in the day & current.

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

013.jpg

66Mustang001-1.jpg

Nice, I have always loved the coupes! Every mustang I owned, except the '86 GT was a coupe. My first car was a '70 mustang, then many years after I had another '70 coupe.

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Many years ago, 26 of them to be exact, I used to live in Broome, in the north of our state. When I was there I worked on a crocodile farm, I worked at the one in town on Cable Beach but I also lived on the other one about 15kms outside of town which is today the only one th were. I had another military landrover there, it was a 1979 series 3 ex Australian Army landrover. This photo is of my old series 3 with the skull of a 5.5m saltwater crocodile sitting on the spare tyre.

Screenshot_20201004-141915_Gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, sandgroper said:

Many years ago, 26 of them to be exact, I used to live in Broome, in the north of our state. When I was there I worked on a crocodile farm, I worked at the one in town on Cable Beach but I also lived on the other one about 15kms outside of town which is today the only one there. I had another military landrover there, it was a 1979 series 3 ex Australian Army landrover. This photo is of my old series 3 with the skull of a 5.5m saltwater crocodile sitting on the spare tyre.

Screenshot_20201004-141915_Gallery.jpg

Just so our American friends don't get the wrong idea....lol...... Aussies of a certain age have a love/hate relationship with Pommy cars in general, and any Landrover products in particular.
The 4wd of choice in Australia ( for better or worse ) is Made in Japan ( apologies to the 1972 Deep Purple live recording of the same title ).
In my experience, Landrover owners, who don't have the slightest mechanical knowledge in a past life, pretty soon become experts in the dark arts of British mechanical knowledge. The Brits won WW2, but the Germans and Japs won the Peace.
Outback Australia is General Tojo country... 
And in Darwin, the vehicle showing one has 'made'  it, you know, is 'successful' in life  ( no, not a Merc, or BMW, or Audi or { shudder } Tesla ) is a top of the range 200 Series Toyota 4wd Wagon....tricked out with 25k of after market accessories.
The biggest selling vehicle in the Australian new car market is the Twin Cab Utility...either Toyota Hilux ( like a Tacoma, but with a Diesel engine ) or a Ford Ranger. The other varieties run a long way behind in sales, but still have quality products...Nissan, VW, Isuzu, Mazda. etc sell lots of vehicles. Jeep and Land Rover run way down on the list of sales... mainly due to mechanical/reliability issues.
Now before I am accused of brand bias ( lol ) I do own a BMW X5 SUV....but no way I would own one except my Son is a BMW Tech.... so my repairs are pretty well cheap enough....lol.
And I have a tricked up Toyota Hilux Ute 4wd set up for outback touring.... crikey I have spent some after market $'s on this vehicle !....lol !
Last Monday.....
120287469_3951853584831381_7321947613956858653_o.thumb.jpg.ad81d8a3abdc12ec8e0dd7c4bfa84e7f.jpg

3 hours ago, greysrigging said:

Just so our American friends don't get the wrong idea....lol...... Aussies of a certain age have a love/hate relationship with Pommy cars in general, and any Landrover products in particular.
The 4wd of choice in Australia ( for better or worse ) is Made in Japan ( apologies to the 1972 Deep Purple live recording of the same title ).
In my experience, Landrover owners, who don't have the slightest mechanical knowledge in a past life, pretty soon become experts in the dark arts of British mechanical knowledge. The Brits won WW2, but the Germans and Japs won the Peace.
Outback Australia is General Tojo country... 
And in Darwin, the vehicle showing one has 'made'  it, you know, is 'successful' in life  ( no, not a Merc, or BMW, or Audi or { shudder } Tesla ) is a top of the range 200 Series Toyota 4wd Wagon....tricked out with 25k of after market accessories.
The biggest selling vehicle in the Australian new car market is the Twin Cab Utility...either Toyota Hilux ( like a Tacoma, but with a Diesel engine ) or a Ford Ranger. The other varieties run a long way behind in sales, but still have quality products...Nissan, VW, Isuzu, Mazda. etc sell lots of vehicles. Jeep and Land Rover run way down on the list of sales... mainly due to mechanical/reliability issues.
Now before I am accused of brand bias ( lol ) I do own a BMW X5 SUV....but no way I would own one except my Son is a BMW Tech.... so my repairs are pretty well cheap enough....lol.
And I have a tricked up Toyota Hilux Ute 4wd set up for outback touring.... crikey I have spent some after market $'s on this vehicle !....lol !
Last Monday.....
120287469_3951853584831381_7321947613956858653_o.thumb.jpg.ad81d8a3abdc12ec8e0dd7c4bfa84e7f.jpg

Landrovers are one of those things, you either love them or hate them. I love them. I've had 3 military landrovers and 2 civillian landrovers. I've driven them all over the place, fortunately with few issues, the worst being doing a wheel bearing coming back to Jabiru from Arnhem Land which wasn't much fun. I've found them to be in general fantastic vehicles, extremely capable in the scrub. My preference is the military ones, they are great. The Perentie was designed and built in Australia for the Australian army, landrover was the only company that could comply with all of the criteria the army requested when the tender went out at the time. I have a lot of family and friends who are ex military, a couple still in the army and they all speak highly of the Perentie, in fact a former neighbour was a mechanic in the army and the first thing she did (yes she) when they came up for auction was buy one, she loves them too. At the end of the day it's a matter of what we personally like and for me it's always been landrover, nothing against any of the other makes it's just my preference. We've gotta have our toys! I'll dig out some other pics tomorrow, it's getting late here and I've got work tomorrow so I'd better get to bed.

• Like 1

Trucks are really popular here outselling cars by a lot. Here in S FL it seems kinda strange to me how many 4 X 4 vehicles people drive that will never touch dirt. It never snows and all the roads are flat & paved so why 4 wheel drive?  There are some who like to play in the mud though. I did engine swap, electrical, and other work to this one the owner said he was going to mud bog race. Don't know if he ever did race though.

004-10.jpg

My truck is a rear wheel drive '00 F-350 7.3 Tubo diesel. All stock. It's a tool as far as I'm concerned for doing truck stuff. The crew cab dually makes it a great truck for towing the enclosed race car trailer.

20170408_171410_zpsxfgqtn3i.jpg

• Like 1

Although I rode motorcycles for 35 years my competency was limited, just keeping the rubber side down. 

Here is the best video of the best cycle race.  The skill level and bravery are beyond my comprehension. :)

• Like 2

San Francisco, California

I never would have guessed that there were so many people on this forum with such cool rides. I should go on my car and truck forums and start a thread about "Show me your plants", I would assume the replies would be very limited. 

Not a TA, I love those square body Chevies! I remember when you could get them for nothing and now they cost a solid 5 figures! 

Sandgroper, As cool as the Landover's are I don't think I have seen more than 5 in person my whole life. I guess we don't get too many European SUV's here in Truck Country (Texas). 

• Like 1

This is the first landrover I ever owned, a series 2A, ex New Zealand Army radio wagon from 1966, it had been to Vietnam and had returned to NZ before finally arriving in Oz. It was horrendously uneconomical to run but bloody hell it was fun!

Screenshot_20201005-191032_Gallery.jpg

This is my ex W.A. government 1994 300tdi defender, this was a brilliant landrover. I took this thing all over the place! This pic is at a station called Commonwealth Hill in South Australia, a mate of mine used to work there.

Screenshot_20201005-191046_Gallery.jpg

Edited by sandgroper

One last pic, sorry to have taken over the thread gents, this is my 300 tdi in northern Western Australia, we were heading for a place called Port Warrender in the north of our state, a great spot to get away from everything and do a bit of fishing.

Screenshot_20201005-191057_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Darold Petty said:

Here is the best video of the best cycle race.  The skill level and bravery are beyond my comprehension.

I never raced motorcycles, even at a young age I just knew I'd kill myself eventually. I broke them in half and stuff as a kid pretending to be Evel Knievel. So for two wheel sport I raced bicycles starting on road bikes and later on switching to BMX bikes. Still almost killed myself by breaking my spleen and not going to emergency room for 2 days because I thought I'd "just" broken a rib. Worked my way up to world #3 as a BMX amateur.

The Isle TT is one of if not the last type of event in the world where they haven't discontinued it or changed things even though they know people will die. There's a lot of interesting youtube videos by or about John Hinds who was a racer and trauma Dr. at the Isle TT.

I'll have to look for some of my old motorcycle pics.

21 hours ago, HtownPalms said:

I never would have guessed that there were so many people on this forum with such cool rides.

There's a LOT here, I'm hoping to see more variety start showing up in this thread. While we've been posting older stuff there's a lot of members here with really nice modern luxury cars, sports cars, etc.

Lets see if I can entice some of the sports car owners to come out and play. I'm mostly a late 60-70's American muscle car kinda guy but play with sports cars also. Here's my wide body '86 Porsche Carrera. It's an '86 ROW 3.2 5 speed car. It doesn't have the performance of the modern 911 variants but I like the old air cooled flat 6 experience. Also makes a good lawn tractor! haha

86PorscheWidebodyConv119.jpg

86PorscheWidebodyConv134.jpg

86PorscheWidebodyConv084.jpg

86PorscheWidebodyConv140.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

not to be leftout of this Rover LoveFest...94 D90 'fastback'.

Bought new...after 25 years outside in salty south florida air now in rehab. 

5F79D60C-9687-4475-BAE7-4A24A032EECF.jpeg

• Like 1

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

21 hours ago, sandgroper said:

This is the first landrover I ever owned, a series 2A, ex New Zealand Army radio wagon from 1966, it had been to Vietnam and had returned to NZ before finally arriving in Oz. It was horrendously uneconomical to run but bloody hell it was fun!

Screenshot_20201005-191032_Gallery.jpg

Shoulda chucked in a 186cu" Holden motor.... made all the difference from memory....

1 hour ago, greysrigging said:

Shoulda chucked in a 186cu" Holden motor.... made all the difference from memory....

Lots of blokes did that and it did make a huge difference.  This one had the 4 cylinder petrol landrover motor,  the series 3 had the 6, they were both pretty ordinary. 

I ran into this bloke yesterday out along the Reynolds River Track in Litchfield Park.... he and his mate were set up right in the middle of the Reynolds River on a sand bar having lunch....  driving a BMW X5 !  As me and the son cruised past them in low range 4wd in the Tojo, the son casually says to me, "hey Dad that bloke has a Bimmer the same as yours....out here !". So I did a double take, then reversed back up to to have a look..... sure enough, the exact same Beamer as my town car, except his was a 2009 model, mine is a 2008. I said, "mate, what the eff you doing out here in a Bimmer ?"...... he then gave the big spiel on how good it was off road blah blah.... and I said, "I have one and wouldn't dream of bringing it out here....lol ! "
As it turns out, he is a published off road author, a Land Rover fanatic ( the Bimmer is his wife's vehicle.... so he reckons  ), but he's taken this X5 Bimmer all around the Top End....go figure !
So, the outcome of the meeting was my Bimmer mechanic son has a service to do on this fellas X5 next weekend, and he has found a Series 2A Land Rover in Darwin he wants to buy ( has a rooted gearbox so he wants my young bloke to fit up a new one he has sourced in Brisbane.....
Funny how a random chat in the Outback turns out.....
Thought @sandgroper might like to read this blokes book. ( he gave us an autographed copy...lol ! 
121426460_1503972626479973_7870581496318531362_n.jpg.42251ba4660c82c421caeabecc0ce424.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greysrigging said:

I ran into this bloke yesterday out along the Reynolds River Track in Litchfield Park.... he and his mate were set up right in the middle of the Reynolds River on a sand bar having lunch....  driving a BMW X5 !  As me and the son cruised past them in low range 4wd in the Tojo, the son casually says to me, "hey Dad that bloke has a Bimmer the same as yours....out here !". So I did a double take, then reversed back up to to have a look..... sure enough, the exact same Beamer as my town car, except his was a 2009 model, mine is a 2008. I said, "mate, what the eff you doing out here in a Bimmer ?"...... he then gave the big spiel on how good it was off road blah blah.... and I said, "I have one and wouldn't dream of bringing it out here....lol ! "
As it turns out, he is a published off road author, a Land Rover fanatic ( the Bimmer is his wife's vehicle.... so he reckons  ), but he's taken this X5 Bimmer all around the Top End....go figure !
So, the outcome of the meeting was my Bimmer mechanic son has a service to do on this fellas X5 next weekend, and he has found a Series 2A Land Rover in Darwin he wants to buy ( has a rooted gearbox so he wants my young bloke to fit up a new one he has sourced in Brisbane.....
Funny how a random chat in the Outback turns out.....
Thought @sandgroper might like to read this blokes book. ( he gave us an autographed copy...lol ! 
121426460_1503972626479973_7870581496318531362_n.jpg.42251ba4660c82c421caeabecc0ce424.jpg

I've got several landrover books but I haven't got that one!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:19 PM, sandgroper said:

I've got several landrover books but I haven't got that one!

So we did the service on this blokes Bimmer ( turns out its an X3 with the 4 cyl diesel engine as opposed to my X5 with the 6 cyl diesel engine ) on Saturday. ) It was in pretty good nick actually, with only a coupla grands worth of repairs necessary ( harmonic balancer rubber coupling stuffed, some front end bushes and something in the steering/ABS sensor /computer gobblygook thingy rooted as well....oh and 3 of the 4 run flat tyres stuffed with canvas showing so they are at least $300.00 each ...
When I mentioned the job to my son last week, he casually said, without even looking at the SUV..., "oh that'll be at least 4k's worth of work in pasts and labour alone, just going on it's age, double if he goes to the BMW dealer... "
Turns out he was right. But then again, 160,000klm, in a German car in Outback Australia ? Mate, ya gunna be up for some repair bills......
So anyways, this bloke is a Land Rover nut....he's had 14 of 'em..........
Me ? ( same age as this bloke, born 1958 ) I've had one Suzuki and three Toyotas in the same time frame....
'Nuff said....lol !

I

2 minutes ago, greysrigging said:

So we did the service on this blokes Bimmer ( turns out its an X3 with the 4 cyl diesel engine as opposed to my X5 with the 6 cyl diesel engine ) on Saturday. ) It was in pretty good nick actually, with only a coupla grands worth of repairs necessary ( harmonic balancer rubber coupling stuffed, some front end bushes and something in the steering/ABS sensor /computer gobblygook thingy rooted as well....oh and 3 of the 4 run flat tyres stuffed with canvas showing so they are at least $300.00 each ...
When I mentioned the job to my son last week, he casually said, without even looking at the SUV..., "oh that'll be at least 4k's worth of work in pasts and labour alone, just going on it's age, double if he goes to the BMW dealer... "
Turns out he was right. But then again, 160,000klm, in a German car in Outback Australia ? Mate, ya gunna be up for some repair bills......
So anyways, this bloke is a Land Rover nut....he's had 14 of 'em..........
Me ? ( same age as this bloke, born 1958 ) I've had one Suzuki and three Toyotas in the same time frame....
'Nuff said....lol !

I've had 5 landrovers in 30 years, all of them have been great, I'd love to have kept them all but I don't have the room!

• Like 1

Great topic of all the old cars and trucks that Norton motorcycle Daryl is awesome My wife had a 63 BSA 500 royal star and I had a 1970 650 BSA also a couple/ 2 1960s BMW motorcycles and many others .Here is a couple of my palm tree haulers a 41 half ton Dodge truck and a 61 Suburban I used for 15 years as a work truck i finally retired my burb and now it is just used for surfing and hauling vintage bicycles and palms .My very patient wife likes to remind me of  the time iput a14ft palm in the suburban and wrapped it over the front seat and completely covered her Well while I am at here is my 1946  Harley  davidson big twin flathead and a few 40s and 50s bicycles 

20201020_153858.jpg

20201020_153834.jpg

20201020_153938.jpg

20201020_154033.jpg

20201020_154016.jpg

20201020_154432.jpg

20201020_154548.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Darold it's not the fastest truck with the original flat head motor So either I get a thumbs-up or a finger for going too slow LOL I love all the Land Rovers on here  my brother had a 66 rover .  

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my Hobby car.   A long term project for fun .

It's not very fast , but keeps me busy at age 76 .      More or less stock 1956 Studebaker engine . 

3 years Evolution Skeeter Hawk ..png

• Like 2

I've had many over the years, 1973 Rally Sport Camaro, 72 Nova, 70 Monte Carlo, many Vette's & Trans-Am's. Now I'm happy with the 335is.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

@akamu Those trucks are awesome!

@Bill H2DB Love the '53-54 Champions, always wanted to modify one with a fastback rear glass like a late 60's cuda, maybe one day. A young friend of mine has a 53 with a 383 Chrysler in it.

@LaazI've always been an F body guy. I make chassis parts for 2nd gens (lab-14.com) and have had several 2nd gen Camaros. 71 Z-28, 74 type LT, 76 base, and a couple others I flipped. 

Here's a couple pics of the '74 bracket car just before I sold it. Took off the Centerline drag wheels and put on an old set of Cragars as rollers. 

MVC-021F.jpg

MVC-023F.jpg

• Like 1

My everyday drive. Sold as Valiant SV1 in Oz. Plymouth Valiant V100 USA.

20201108_160402.thumb.jpg.75200549cf6e9807b23cec57b1302a8c.jpg

20201108_160439.thumb.jpg.777298e547ff2878fd4c3deac09204ed.jpg

Putting rack and pinion steering in was the best thing. 

Steve

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NOT A TA said:

@akamu Those trucks are awesome!

@Bill H2DB Love the '53-54 Champions, always wanted to modify one with a fastback rear glass like a late 60's cuda, maybe one day. A young friend of mine has a 53 with a 383 Chrysler in it.

@LaazI've always been an F body guy. I make chassis parts for 2nd gens (lab-14.com) and have had several 2nd gen Camaros. 71 Z-28, 74 type LT, 76 base, and a couple others I flipped. 

Here's a couple pics of the '74 bracket car just before I sold it. Took off the Centerline drag wheels and put on an old set of Cragars as rollers. 

MVC-021F.jpg

MVC-023F.jpg

Nice site John. You should look into making thos caps available in the spinner caps.