• Similar Content

• aztropic
      By aztropic
      Copernicia rigida finally found it's stride after being planted in ground about 15 years ago. Now producing about 3 new fronds per year,each about 3 feet long. Not a commonly planted cope,partly due to rarity,and the fact that it will reach out and grab you with it's teeth lining the frond edges their entire length. 

aztropic
      Mesa, Arizona

• AZ_Palm_Guy
      By AZ_Palm_Guy
      I was browsing Craigslist the other day and found someone selling a decent size canary island date palm for cheap. Decided to buy it from him. The poor palm definitely outgrew the 15gal pot it was in. He said the palm was between 12-15 years old. He obtained some seeds from the Tucson zoo and grew it. Thankfully I was able to plant it and get it out of the pot it was in. Weather here in AZ where I am has been amazing. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the 40s. Here are some pics of the palm. You can actually see that this palm is starting to flower.

• aztropic
      By aztropic
      Collected the seeds for this one on the IPS sponsored trip to the Dominican Republic in 2006.Grown entirely in Arizona,it is finally flowering at 15 years old.

aztropic 
      Mesa,Arizona

• xoRudy
      By xoRudy
      Hello ladies and gents, 
      On September 27th, 2020 my third child was born. On that exact day I also planted a Bismarckia In my front yard. This was not planned at all, my wife was having some contractions throughout the previous night and some in the morning but nothing too serious. That morning I planned on doing some planting and followed through with the plans. Right after the Bismarckia was in, my wife told me it was time to go to the hospital (Barley even had time to take a picture and water the palm). Long story short, here we are a year later, God willing, and I decided that it’s only right to take a picture each year to see both of their growths. This Bismarckia is now my daughters palm.

Sep 27, 2020 (Top Pic)
      Sep 27, 2021 (Bottom Pic)

• xoRudy
      By xoRudy
      Good afternoon, 
      I was scrolling down my camera roll and I realized that I took some pictures of my palms in only two parts of my yard almost exactly a year ago. I figured I’d take some photos today and see the comparison in growth over the year. Enjoy! (I know my palms are close, that’s how I want them )
      First & Third photo are from August 22, 2020 (before)
      second and fourth photo are from September 1, 2021 (after)