PalmatierMeg

Elaeis guineensis Lot for Sale: 12+ Seedlings & 12+ Seeds

PalmatierMeg

I am selling my remaining African oil palm seeds and over a dozen seedlings that volunteered in my yard in one lot. Palmpedia is acting up at the moment but you can read about this palm below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaeis_guineensis

See summary below:

Elaeis guineensis seedlings: 12+ one- and two-leaf seedlings

AND

Elaeis guineensis seeds: 12+ seeds

COST FOR LOT = $20.00

Shipping for Lot = $10.00 via Priority Mail        No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

TOTAL = $30.00

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested

Photos

340103237_Elaeisguineensisseedlingsnseeds0109-28-20.thumb.JPG.cd23cc12c3722f94ebc67587e6a8f12a.JPG1570822543_Elaeisguineensisseedsx1209-28-20.thumb.JPG.b19a5913411ffbee72a490d9209caec9.JPG431731661_Elaeisguineensisseedlingsx120109-28-20.thumb.JPG.1fb6037edf86b7db0d1ad8e99e8ba25e.JPG2007520550_Elaeisguineensisseedlingsx120209-28-20.thumb.JPG.850fac7e8a98536fd83e2e02de4371c6.JPG

Mother Palm

1811618311_Elaeisguineensis0206-12-20.thumb.JPG.b6965afe468cb0d076072acdc7cab767.JPG

PalmatierMeg

Seedlings are SOLD!

OC2Texaspalmlvr

thats a great deal !!! @PalmatierMeg how long does it usually take to germinate these seeds ? No luck for me so far. 

PalmatierMeg

I don't know exactly. The volunteers just pop up and I don't know when they were dropped. But I think you have to be very patient and give them all the time they want. My impression of these seeds is they can take months to do their thing. They give no instant gratification. And they want lots of heat so find a warm place to put them.

OC2Texaspalmlvr

ty @PalmatierMeg sounds like im not doing anything wrong then haha 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I took New Years Day photos of my back yard world's smallest jungle and will post them over several topics. First up, at the request of @tjwalters (glad to hear from you again) I did my best to photograph my mutant African oil palm that has bifid leaves instead of pinnate. I got it in trade from Tom as a 2g some years back because he knew it would outgrow his conservatory and die when exposed to MD cold. I received it at an opportune time. All my 7 large queen palms that shielded my tropical jungle had died of wilt and the sun was fixing to fry many of my palms. It took a couple years and the loss of one of my two H. forsteriana but my mutant oil now extends its canopy over much of the east side jungle. And it has stayed bifid to this day. I have noticed my bifid oil is much more petite (can an oil palm be called "petite"?) than my two pinnate oils. And that's a good thing as my jungle is crowded as any self-respecting jungle should be. Only problem is I have trouble getting photos of the entire palm but I do my best.
      Elaeis guineensis, Bifid leaf form, Cape Coral, FL 2021

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      I was curious how long it takes to sprout Dypsis prestoniana seeds using the baggy method.  I did the float test, cleaned a bunch of sinkers, used a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to give them a final cleaning and then put them in baggies with some moist sphagnum moss I have for mounting orchids.  I'm sure someone can weigh in regarding their experience and timeline on sprouting this species.  I started those baggies on 12/1/2020.  This evening I did the same with about 50 Dypsis heteromorpha seeds so would be curious about others experience on timeline and yield for them as well.

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For sale is the total crop of seeds of an unknown dwarf Sabal minor. I germinated this palm around 2008 from a seed sent to me by a PTer I can no longer recall. Where he got it I don't know but he sent it to me as Sabal etonia. I learned years later it is actually S. minor. That makes sense to me because actual Sabal etonias never survived for me. I planted it in my Caribbean Garden in 2009. During the 12 years I have had it, it has grown painfully slowly to its current size of 2' tall x 3-4' wide. I has flowered for years but produces crops of sometimes fewer than 100 seeds. This year's seed output is <200 seeds. It is a compact grower and should be cold hardy as any other Sabal minor.
      180+ Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds = $15.00  ONE LOT ONLY
      Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $20.00
      Payment via Paypal
      Photos
      Sabal minor unknown dwarf

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For Sale: 60+ Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf seeds ONE LOT ONLY
       I got this uber dwarf Sabal minor from Plant Delights Nursery some years back. See links below for info.
      https://www.plantdelights.com/products/sabal-minor-blountstown-dwarf
      This is the last of the 2020 crop of seeds from my mother palms.
      60+ Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf seeds = $12.00
      Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $17.00
      Payment via Paypal
      Photos
      Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf