PalmatierMeg

Elaeis guineensis Lot for Sale: 12+ Seedlings & 12+ Seeds

PalmatierMeg

I am selling my remaining African oil palm seeds and over a dozen seedlings that volunteered in my yard in one lot. Palmpedia is acting up at the moment but you can read about this palm below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaeis_guineensis

See summary below:

Elaeis guineensis seedlings: 12+ one- and two-leaf seedlings

AND

Elaeis guineensis seeds: 12+ seeds

COST FOR LOT = $20.00

Shipping for Lot = $10.00 via Priority Mail        No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

TOTAL = $30.00

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested

Photos

340103237_Elaeisguineensisseedlingsnseeds0109-28-20.thumb.JPG.cd23cc12c3722f94ebc67587e6a8f12a.JPG1570822543_Elaeisguineensisseedsx1209-28-20.thumb.JPG.b19a5913411ffbee72a490d9209caec9.JPG431731661_Elaeisguineensisseedlingsx120109-28-20.thumb.JPG.1fb6037edf86b7db0d1ad8e99e8ba25e.JPG2007520550_Elaeisguineensisseedlingsx120209-28-20.thumb.JPG.850fac7e8a98536fd83e2e02de4371c6.JPG

Mother Palm

1811618311_Elaeisguineensis0206-12-20.thumb.JPG.b6965afe468cb0d076072acdc7cab767.JPG

PalmatierMeg

Seedlings are SOLD!

OC2Texaspalmlvr

thats a great deal !!! @PalmatierMeg how long does it usually take to germinate these seeds ? No luck for me so far. 

PalmatierMeg

I don't know exactly. The volunteers just pop up and I don't know when they were dropped. But I think you have to be very patient and give them all the time they want. My impression of these seeds is they can take months to do their thing. They give no instant gratification. And they want lots of heat so find a warm place to put them.

OC2Texaspalmlvr

ty @PalmatierMeg sounds like im not doing anything wrong then haha 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      What time of year does W. Filifera or Robusta flower and produce seed?
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Awhile back I posted photos of the first surviving crop of seeds from my Dypsis lanceolata. Those seeds are harvested and ready to go to new homes.
      https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Dypsis_lanceolata
      This is a clustering Dypsis but only sparsely so. My palm has two stems and is 8-10' tall. It is notable for its unusually long, arched fronds and wide, rippled leaflets. It is closely related to Dypsis pembana and cabadae.
      Dypsis lanceolata fresh seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot
                                                         100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $6.00 in a padded envelope. I cannot ship seeds or plants outside the US. No shipping to HI.
      Payment via Paypal.
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      My one remaining Dypsis lanceolata has put out its largest crop of red, oblong seeds to date. It has only 2 stems instead of the usual 5 or 6 and stands 9-10' tall. My D. pembana and D. cabadae are much larger and more robust. I wonder if C. lanceolata is more sensitive to my calcareous, alkaline soil even though I mulch it heavily. But it's nice to photograph seeds at eye level for a change. Lanceolata has unusually wide undulating leaves that give it a plumose appearance. See Palmpedia link below:
      https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Dypsis_lanceolata
      Dypsis lanceolata, Cape Coral, FL

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Satakentia liukiuensis was recently rated one of the top landscape palms for SFL. But it is very difficult to find even at specialty nurseries and impossible BB garden centers. I currently have 3 growing in my back yard jungle but had problems with them in the past. My advice is DO NOT be in a rush to stick it in the ground. Take time to grow it to at least a 7g pot before planting it. My largest is still a juvenile pushing 7-8' tall and ready to form a trunk. Read article below:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Satakentia_liukiuensis
      Satakentia liukiuensis Seedlings: $2.00 each. Minimum order = $20.00   NOTE: I am listing other palm seedlings and you are welcome to mix & match species
      Shipping = $10.00  No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Seedlings will be sent without pots and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if you are interested
      Photos

Juvenile Satakentia

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Last year my Archo maxima produced a bountiful crop of seeds and is working on its 2021 crop. I potted up some of those seedlings and need to find them a new home. In the US Archo maxima is one of the rarest of the king palms. See article in Palmpedia:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Archontophoenix_maxima
      Archonotophoenix maxima Seedlings: $2.00 each. Minimum order = $20.00   NOTE: I am listing other palm seedlings and you are welcome to mix & match species
      Shipping = $10.00  No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Seedlings will be sent without pots and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if you are interested
      Photos

Mother Palm