• Similar Content

• aztropic
      By aztropic
      Bought this one as a 15 gallon over a dozen years ago from Florida. Slow but steady... Over 12 ft tall overall now. I think it's established!
      Anybody else growing this species on the left coast? I know Mattyb has one...

aztropic
      Mesa,Arizona

• aztropic
      By aztropic
      Here's a Pseudophoenix sargentii I grew from seed started about 20 years ago. They do well in the desert,but seem to grow much slower than under tropical conditions. Finally got it's first trunk ring,so growth should be speeding up at this point. I've grown dozens of this species and until a trunk is formed,I only get 1 new frond produced each year.After trunk formation,2 or 3 new fronds per year is the norm.

aztropic 
      Mesa,Arizona

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have been unable to find much info about this Coccothrinax from southern Cuba. Palmpedia says very little but lists it as a species. Another source I consulted indicated it might be a ssp of C. miraguama but says little else. I found the following info on PalmTalk:
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/40614-coccothrinax-cupularis/
      No matter, it's a great palm and uncommon in gardens. I planted my mother palm on my Garden Lot around 2012. It has been one of the fastest growing Coccothrinax I have despite receiving no supplemental irrigation. I estimate it is around 10' tall now. I germinated the plants for sale from her seeds and they are ~3 years old now with palmate leaves and sturdy stems. These are the only ones I have.
      Coccothrinax cupularis 3-year-old:  $25.00 for one        Shipping = $12.00 via Priority Mail
                               OR
      Coccothrinax cupularis 3-year-old:  $45.00 for both      Shipping = $15.00 via Priority Mail
      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos

Mother Palm

• Bill H2DB
      By Bill H2DB
      January 19 , 2012   Morning pics of my tall Thrinax Radiata .
      It's had some various leaf damage over the years .  It is on the South side of the house , and under a 350 year old
      Live Oak high canopy aka " Big Bertha " .

Thrinax Radiata Jan 2021 g\h by Bill H, on Flickr

Thrinax Radiata Jan 2021 f by Bill H, on Flickr

Thrinax Radiata Jan 2021 d by Bill H, on Flickr

Thrinax Radiata Jan 2021 a by Bill H, on Flickr
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Still quarantining here in Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise), FL. And it's been a while since I posted any photos. I spent several weeks sewing masks and surgical caps for my son and daughter-in-law on the medical front lines as well as masks for my husband and me. It's also been hot and sweltering as well as drought stricken around here and because of that and that the monthly injection I give myself for chronic migraines ran out a week early, I was unable to spend much time outside. But..... We got a whopping 0.4" of rain this past week (the rest of the FL got 10x that) followed by one last gasp of cool, dry air and I was able to rectify my oversight and take some photos.
      About a month ago someone on PT asked me to take updated photos of my Caribbean Garden in front of the house. Around 95% of the palms in this garden come from that part of the world. The few interlopers are grandfathered in because they were planted before I adopted a unifying theme for this part of the yard. The genus Coccothrinax forms the backdrop. Some of them were planted as far back as 2004 and have weathered multiple hurricanes and tropical storms. If I were forced to plant only one genus of palm, Coccos would be my choice. They are tough yet elegant and the sight of those starlike leaves swaying with the breeze can brighten anyone's soul.
      Caribbean Garden Views, Cape Coral, FL, 2020