quaman58

San Diego Spindle palm

quaman58

This is a palm that usually grows pretty well for us in our area, unlike its cousin H. laugenicalis. Mine can hold 2 or 3 good leaves any any given time, but then winter sets in and beats it up and it then takes a full growing season to look reasonable again. So, this is about as good as it gets for me. Nothing like the tropics, but still draws a lot of comments. The crownshaft after a leaf drops off is awesome looking, purple with white wax streaks. Thanks for looking!

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

• Like 20
  • Upvote 2

Palm Tree Jim

Nice!

Stevetoad

Looks great. I’ve never done great with them. For me they burn during winter just to get burned in the summer. Shame too cuz they are really colorful and attractive. Yours looks awesome 

• Like 1

PalmTreeDude

Nice to see these in California! 

Coasta

Very nice spindle! I plan to pick a small one up in san diego and bring it back to Arizona. Did you get it at jungle music?

quaman58

Thanks for the replies all.. Coasta, I think this came from a botanical garden sale years ago, but Jungle Music usually has them!

• Like 1