Sign in to follow this  
bubba

Cocothrinax azul

bubba

Cool Cocothrinax from Cuba that is not seen enough:B46C1AE2-5500-4538-89C0-6029F5615972.thumb.jpeg.414077d906fc27fe727a15eddfe62fe7.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

aztropic

Not a Coccothrinax but a very blue Copernicia. Still a stunner!

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sabal Steve

Hospita?

• Like 1

Briank

very Nice! Love Fan Palms, and Blue ones always nice!  The Azul is very cool Palm, and wish one would grow faster here in CA... Finding them also an issue in CA.

That looks like A Hospita to me as well.... Very ncie Palm   Another tough grow in CA.  

• Like 1

Sabal Steve
4 minutes ago, Briank said:

very Nice! Love Fan Palms, and Blue ones always nice!  The Azul is very cool Palm, and wish one would grow faster here in CA... Finding them also an issue in CA.

That looks like A Hospita to me as well.... Very ncie Palm   Another tough grow in CA.  

Brian,

You should try a Copernicia or two, out here.  I’ve tried a number (in pots and the ground), and have found them to actually be fairly trouble free growers.  They’re typically not too fast, but steadily put on mass, and the growth is appreciable.  But, like others have mentioned, you would want to plan ahead for sun in the future.

• Like 1

bubba

Aztropic,

I trust your expertise much more than many of the incorrectly labeled palms at ANSG but just to show I did not pull a hat trick:E07BDA89-5423-4477-B259-2B4E717291E1.thumb.jpeg.df9ce708290d605639710c91ba63404f.jpeg

• Like 2

Really full garden

This is Coccothrinax macroglossa Azul in my  Grey  Garden at the beach . Lower center.

2081DE70-FD18-4BDA-8CA3-A7BB175CB9C1.thumb.jpeg.dde772b95bc8cc30158f6291b83579ce.jpeg

• Like 7

aztropic

A closeup of Coccothrinax macroglossa azul trunk to help show plant characteristics; aiding in ID. Notice the burlap texture,thin unarmed petioles,and seed structure of this rather fast growing coco.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

1601310505392702793861019804060.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Really full garden

I think this is a very elegant Coccothrinax that is the perfect size for a small urban landscape.

• Like 3

bubba

No question that the palm I photographed was a Copernicia or unlikely a Latania.

aztropic

Definitely Copernicia with armed petioles! :lol:  (maybe bring the ID mistake to the attention of the garden curator)

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

• Like 2