• Similar Content

• Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      Some people said its kalpataru palm, bottle palm, and hybrid bottle palm.

• Palms and Pines
      By Palms and Pines
      Hello everybody I wanted to get everyones opinions on which video game developers have made the best “virtual palm”, now there are variables such as art style, graphic engine, how old the game is etc that may determine why the palms may look one way or another, but with that being said let’s get started.

First off is a Washingtonia and a Phoniex from the game GTA5 from rockstar games, I quite like these as they look realistic for a game and are easy to identify.

Next from Red Dead Redemption 2 (Also from rockstar games) is Clearly Sabal Minor I think they did a fantastic job recreating it.

Also from Red dead appears to be Washingtonia again, but in my opinion they somehow look worse in this game then gta even though it’s a newer video game.

This is what I believe is supposed to be a sabal palmetto, I don’t think it’s costapalmate simply because that’s probably harder to implement 

Next from the game the crew 2 appears to be date palms. Not a big fan because this part of the map is supposed to be in Miami and I feel like they could have added coconuts instead.

Next is from the game Hunt:showdown. Looks like Sabal Minor.

Need for speed. I think these are supposed to be washies but they almost look more like trachycarpus.

next are coconuts from the game Stranded deep, not a big fan of these ones to be honest.

Next is Coconuts from the game dead island. Although not entirely realistic, I quite like the design of them in this game. 

Coconut from Battlefield V is not bad either.

I will add more as I screenshot them in games. 
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      The place its kinda small maybe 1-1.5 meter, shady, and low light, the palm must have a small leaf or medium leaf and the mature height 2-3 meters
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      Do palms like clay soil?
    • UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Apparently this has developed into a thing now in the UK. Well southern England anyway... just crazy...
      Ashley Road, Ryde

New Esplanade Court, Paignton

The White House / Cary Court, Torquay

The Earls Court pool CIDP is about 15-20 foot now, but it is dwarfed by the 30 foot Robusta. That CIDP will start putting on 3 foot of growth per year now though at that size, like the others. 

Splashdown Quaywest waterpark in Paignton has a lot of CIDP's growing there, which will be as big as some of the others I have posted in another decade or so...

North Ford Road, Dartmouth

Anyone got any photos of big CIDP's towering over pools? These UK ones are a work in progress still obviously. I know a lot of people are against the idea of growing CIDP's next to pools and having them tower over eventually like the ones in the first picture I posted. I know some people feel the same with Washies and many other big/tall palms. Personally, I love the look of it.