IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Hi All

edric

Just a short note to let you know I'm still alive. I'm in a wheelchair most of the time. I can't walk too far without something to hold on to as my equilibrium has forsaken me. Some days are better than others but I manage to do quite a bit. I doubt ill be doing much more editing on the encyclopedia of palms. I have a part-time CNA, she's helping me type. I do okay at this function typing that is with her help, but her help is a blessing. It's nice to have a hand. I'll try and send another email if there are any changes in my health.     

Sincerely, Ed Vaile 

• Like 10

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

Sorry to hear you are doing so poorly, but glad to know you are getting help. Thanks for writing.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Glad to hear from you again, Ed.  Thank you for all of your work on Palmpedia and for the various Dypsis sp.

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

Thank you for the update! I'm glad you are getting assistance and hope that things get better! 

I'm always up for learning new things!

So good to hear you are still with us Ed. It is a helpless feeling these days to have someone you have been in contact with over many years to just drop off the radar. And with no way to check up other than "electronically," there is not much to do but wonder what is going on.

While good to hear from you, of course not happy to hear of your troubles. But Palmpedia is still there for anyone and everyone to enjoy - so take care of yourself and keep in touch.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Hi Ed, I've worried about you all this time. Glad to see you back and hope you are able to check in with us when you are able. And I add my thanks for all the great work you've done on Palmpedia. I refer to it often.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.