IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A few pics from the roof

Ben in Norcal

Had to get on the roof today to diagnose what appears to be a leaking solar water heater...grrrr! Good opportunity to take a few snaps while up there, though.

Keep in mind this garden was started in 2013, on the main!

73F240D4-C6B4-455A-8609-9A879F93B80B.jpeg

2D30026D-085C-451E-AD54-C37A816B28F6.jpeg

6494C266-9A97-4204-850F-23308DE27C4F.jpeg

39406131-8C92-42AF-B240-DD2ECED5CA14.jpeg

B6623851-B977-4BAC-805B-46A95180FE63.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Upvote 2

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

That looks great.  Wish you were my neighbor so I could get some awesome "borrowed" views.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sipalms said:

Love it, a beautiful spot you have there @Ben in Norcal, don't hesitate to update more pics! I love the mountains in the distance, is a bit like here. Give a great background to a palmy garden.

That's Mount Diablo, in the East Bay.  I used to have a nice view of it from the back deck, before I had palms. :D

• Like 2

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Nice palms.I think i see a syagrus (queen?)And a chusan palm. Can you name us some of the others you have there? Archies? Any beccariophoenix?

29 minutes ago, Frond-friend42 said:

Nice palms.I think i see a syagrus (queen?)And a chusan palm. Can you name us some of the others you have there? Archies? Any beccariophoenix?

Uh, no. There are literally thousands.  Haha!  All of the above however.  I have one Trachycarpus fortuneii but none in the pictures.  I do have a particular penchant for Archies!

• Upvote 1

Ben Rogers

Love the thatched parasol or whatever you call that palm frond covering.

So. Is it some other kind of Trachycarpus over the black vent area?

23 hours ago, Frond-friend42 said:

Love the thatched parasol or whatever you call that palm frond covering.

So. Is it some other kind of Trachycarpus over the black vent area?

The "black vent area" is a koi pond! :lol:

Yes - Trachycarpus latisectus.  Much more attractive species IMO!

• Like 1

Ben Rogers

Tropical oasis surrounded by some rather dry and uneventful neighbors lol. Your house really stands out from the others.

• Like 1

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

3 hours ago, redant said:

Tropical oasis surrounded by some rather dry and uneventful neighbors lol. Your house really stands out from the others.

Haha!  Yes, the relative lushness is kinda ridiculous, but it makes me happy! :D

• Like 1

Ben Rogers