Sign in to follow this  
Bill H2DB

Nor'easter in NE Florida -Daytona Beach area Sept 2020

Bill H2DB

Here's some videos that I made on Sunday morning . About 30 minutes before High Tide .

The first one is on the mainland side of the ICW , about 480' east of my house .  The rest are directly on the beach .

There is a lot of flooding of streets , particularly along the west side of the Halifax River , aka ICW .   It is a tidal estuary , open to the sea and the NE winds back the water up , so that the tides

can't get back out , as normally .   I have received about 6" of rain so far .

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Matt2689
      By Matt2689
      Hi i work at Dent Smith founder of the ips old property in daytona beach fl.We are looking for someone that could come by and help identify some of the palms on the property. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    • Bill H2DB
      By Bill H2DB
      I discovered this group Of coconut palms in Ormond By The Sea during this weekend !!
      O.B.t.Sea  is an unincorporated area on the North peninsula adjacent to Ormond Beach , which itself is that northern 
      portion of the Daytona Beach general area . They are about 500' from the Beach , and face South , but are wind exposed .
        They seem to be transplants added gradually since about 2014 , using Google Maps . I could not access the owner .  Fun until the next Big One !!

Sandra Coco A 11-5-17 by Bill H, on Flickr

Sandra Coco B 11-5-17 by Bill H, on Flickr

Sandra Coco C 11-5-17 by Bill H, on Flickr

Sandra Coco D 11-5-17 by Bill H, on Flickr

• Bill H2DB
      By Bill H2DB
      September in Daytona Beach by Bill H, on Flickr
    • Bill H2DB
      By Bill H2DB
      This palm is along the Drive-thru lane at the  Checkers   Burger -Doodle directly across the road from the 
      Daytona International Speedway .   It has been there for quite a few years now , and was planted as a tree about 10 ft
      tall when the place was first built . That oak tree next to it really was out of bounds for a while , and I thought that it would just shade the palm
      out and it would disappear . The palm was in total shade for a few years .   Lo and behold , they've trimmed , and the palm has survived !
        It is the only one that I know about in this area . 
      Brahea Armata  c by Bill H, on Flickr

Brahea Armata  b by Bill H, on Flickr

Brahea Armata  a by Bill H, on Flickr

Brahea Armata  d by Bill H, on Flickr

Brahea Armata  e by Bill H, on Flickr

• Bill H2DB
      By Bill H2DB
      May  in Daytona Beach by Bill H, on Flickr