Moose

First time I've seen this

20200918_102236(1).jpg

Edited by Moose
  • Like 5

Moose

Sprouting coconuts before falling. Almost impossible to fail growing Coconuts in South Florida. They thrive with our growing conditions.

20200918_102203(1).jpg

• Like 3

Moose

20200918_102203(2).jpg

• Like 1

kinzyjr

@Moose Definitely the first time I've seen them sprout before they fall.  Thank you for sharing!

Moose

Moose
1 minute ago, kinzyjr said:

@Moose Definitely the first time I've seen them sprout before they fall.  Thank you for sharing!

I didn't even notice the second one sprouting until I had to resize the picture. 

palmfriend

Very interesting!

I got to confess that I had no idea about this topic until your explanation under your second post and then my eyes got wide...

Thank you for sharing!

best regards - 

Lars

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Moose
      By Moose
      Supposed to be fast but not my experience

• Moose
      By Moose
      Copernicia hospita (25 years planted) center

• Moose
      By Moose
    • Moose
      By Moose
    • Fi Melbourne
      By Fi Melbourne
      Hi guys,

I've just received my 3 sprouted coconuts in the mail. This will be my first time growing coconut and I am a bit excited and nervous at the same time as I've never done this before.

I grew up in South East Asia and my late grandfather's house was surrounded with beautiful coconut trees. Now that I've moved to Melbourne Australia, I wanted a piece of tropical paradise with me to remind me of my childhood.

Since it's currently winter now in Melbourne, the coconuts will be grown indoor. Once they get bigger... I will move them in the greenhouse. Hopefully with the right method and equipment, I would be able to grow them in the ground one day. I have about a dozen of banana trees growing in the backyard already and now I just need a few coconut trees to have my own tropical paradise.

Do you guys have any advice for a newbie like me? Do's and don'ts? I have a heat mat, grow light and humidifier to help these babies grow. Should I leave the heat mat on all night? I put plastic over them to create a humid environment. Any fertilizer at all at this stage?

Thanks guys and it's great to be a part of this community.

Regards,
      Fi