DoomsDave

A Hot Time on the Left Coast

DoomsDave

Unless you're in a cave, you know that we're having a record wild-fire year in Washington, Oregon and California, as well as other states nearby.

I'm downwind of the El Dorado ("Gender Reveal") Fire, about 50 miles away from me in Yucaipa in the El Dorado National Forest. I've been getting a dusting of ash for about 10 days now; the sky was so overcast with smoke it reduced the temperatures a bit, and made it easier to work in the yard because there's no worry about baking in the hot sun.

Some of you are in the slipstream of the Bobcat Fire in the San Gabriel Mountains (the Dark Tower for me).

Anyone else having a hot time, or, a cool time because of all the smoke and ash?

Hope all are well and no one has to flee their homes.

• Like 1

Brett in Mission Viejo

Spent a few days in Paso Robles last week and got the nuclear winter effect in that temps were 10-15F degrees lower than forecast due to the smoke from California fires. It was supposed to be  in the 90s, but topped out at 75F. No sun and weird apocalyptic looking orange/brown skies for the three days we were there!

• Like 1

Darold Petty

Air quality is slightly better today, thanks !

• Like 1

DoomsDave
8 minutes ago, Darold Petty said:

Air quality is slightly better today, thanks !

Yeah, saw those pictures, got a bit worried.

Saw those pictures from Oregon, even worse. Sob!

Glad you're okay!

• Like 1

akamu

We have been experiencing a wildfire to the east of San Diego which has dropped ash in our yard and the sun looks like a little red dot kind of like a 60s sci-fi movie it's been hot and muggy but  a little nicer weather is in the upcoming forecast . Weird summer for sure. Palms that got burnt when we hit 105 degrees ouch .

• Like 1

ahosey01
On 9/15/2020 at 11:23 AM, DoomsDave said:

Unless you're in a cave, you know that we're having a record wild-fire year in Washington, Oregon and California, as well as other states nearby.

I'm downwind of the El Dorado ("Gender Reveal") Fire, about 50 miles away from me in Yucaipa in the El Dorado National Forest. I've been getting a dusting of ash for about 10 days now; the sky was so overcast with smoke it reduced the temperatures a bit, and made it easier to work in the yard because there's no worry about baking in the hot sun.

Some of you are in the slipstream of the Bobcat Fire in the San Gabriel Mountains (the Dark Tower for me).

Anyone else having a hot time, or, a cool time because of all the smoke and ash?

Hope all are well and no one has to flee their homes.

I’m in Wickenburg, AZ.  The last two days of the year where we were supposed to be 110+, we got enough smoke to keep us shaded and down around 106-107.  That was a pleasant and unexpected reprieve.

• Like 1