IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Not a bad 7B-8A view from inside the house :

WSimpson

20 hours ago, Meangreen94z said:

Nice.

Thanks 

I can't enjoy it as much as I would like to because those windows are so long that when the shutters are open there's not much privacy . . Maybe I could customize them so I could close the bottom  half  of the shutters or something like that . 

Will

Edited by Will Simpson

6 minutes ago, Will Simpson said:

Thanks 

I can't enjoy it as much as I would like to because those windows are so long that when the shutters are open there's not much privacy . . Maybe I could customize them so I could close the bottom  half  of the shutters or something like that . 

Will

I know what you mean.  I often tilt the blinds in my guest bedroom to admire some of my palms.  Livistona chinensis and CIDP.

IMG_20200914_184705_hdr.jpg

• Like 2

Jon Sunder

17 hours ago, Fusca said:

I know what you mean.  I often tilt the blinds in my guest bedroom to admire some of my palms.  Livistona chinensis and CIDP.

Nice palm and view . 

Maybe I could add a couple hinges and cut my long 

Maybe if I add a couple of hinges and cut my blinds in just the right spot I could have a bottom and top opening blind .

Nice view of a very nice palm there .

Will

• Like 2

Thanks Will.  My yard is so narrow there - in a few years my CIDP will probably be touching my house and my neighbor's house as well!  I asked him if it would be a problem if I planted it there beforehand and he was OK with it being right on the property line.  I mow his yard on that side so he doesn't have to deal with the spiky fronds.  Your Butia looks really good also!  It looks fairly blue like mine or is it just the lighting?  I enjoy looking at mine also.

• Like 2

Jon Sunder

On 9/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, Will Simpson said:

Thanks 

I can't enjoy it as much as I would like to because those windows are so long that when the shutters are open there's not much privacy .

You could start wearing pants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Simpson said:

I have too many girlfriends lol  .

IMG_0004.JPG

The Butia and Chamaerops look exquisite and in pristine condition! As does the Washie and the rest of your exotics. :greenthumb:

Also, I just assumed that was your oldest daughter or something, having seen your other posts. :o

I don't know your age though, saying that...

• Upvote 1

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725