chocolatethunda

Hi, hope everybody had a great weekend. Can anyone help me ID this palm, if I'm not mistaken it's a date palm but I don't know which one specifically. As you can see it sprouted a lot of seedlings of which I have luckily potted a few.

IMG_9890.JPG

Moose
38 minutes ago, chocolatethunda said:

Hi, hope everybody had a great weekend. Can anyone help me ID this palm, if I'm not mistaken it's a date palm but I don't know which one specifically. As you can see it sprouted a lot of seedlings of which I have luckily potted a few.

IMG_9890.JPG

Looks like it could be date palm, Phoenix dactylifera?

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• ShaneHarding
      By ShaneHarding
      Hi guys I’m fairly new to tropical gardening started this year in may and I have fallen head first into things and have learnt an awful lot already . 

I've already got 2 x Phoenix canariensis  - 5x Washingtonia robustas and a trachycarpus fortunei which are doing really well but I want to branch out abit and see what’s possible to grow in my area!
      I live in the coastal village of Braunton in North Devon - south west England zone 9b and I’m around 10 meters above sea level .
      I'm wondering if anyone has tried to grow syagrus romanzoffiana santa catarina (supposedly hardy queen palm ) and Phoenix sylvestris (silver date palm) I’m the south of England or even England in general with any success? 

thanks in advance 
      Shane 
    • jdl
      By jdl
      How many lbs. of fertilizer should I use for my Sylvester palms? There’s about 10 ft of clear trunk.

• jdl
      By jdl
      What fertilizer is best for Sylvester palms and how much fertilizer should I use?

• jdl
      By jdl
      What type of fertilizer is best for my two 9ft tall Sylvester palms? Also how much fertilizer should I use per tree?
    • jdl
      By jdl
      Will this much water sitting under my Sylvester palm kill it? I’ve had it for about a month and all this water sits under it when it rains. There’s no discoloration but the fronds have lowered a tiny bit the past few days and I’m scared it might die. Will it be fine?