• Similar Content

• ShaneHarding
      By ShaneHarding
      Hi guys I’m fairly new to tropical gardening started this year in may and I have fallen head first into things and have learnt an awful lot already . 

I've already got 2 x Phoenix canariensis  - 5x Washingtonia robustas and a trachycarpus fortunei which are doing really well but I want to branch out abit and see what’s possible to grow in my area!
      I live in the coastal village of Braunton in North Devon - south west England zone 9b and I’m around 10 meters above sea level .
      I'm wondering if anyone has tried to grow syagrus romanzoffiana santa catarina (supposedly hardy queen palm ) and Phoenix sylvestris (silver date palm) I’m the south of England or even England in general with any success? 

thanks in advance 
      Shane 
    • jdl
      By jdl
      How many lbs. of fertilizer should I use for my Sylvester palms? There’s about 10 ft of clear trunk.

• jdl
      By jdl
      What fertilizer is best for Sylvester palms and how much fertilizer should I use?

• jdl
      By jdl
      What type of fertilizer is best for my two 9ft tall Sylvester palms? Also how much fertilizer should I use per tree?
    • jdl
      By jdl
      Will this much water sitting under my Sylvester palm kill it? I’ve had it for about a month and all this water sits under it when it rains. There’s no discoloration but the fronds have lowered a tiny bit the past few days and I’m scared it might die. Will it be fine?