chocolatethunda

Hi, hope everybody had a great weekend. Can anyone help me ID this palm, if I'm not mistaken it's a date palm but I don't know which one specifically. As you can see it sprouted a lot of seedlings of which I have luckily potted a few.

IMG_9890.JPG

Moose
38 minutes ago, chocolatethunda said:

Hi, hope everybody had a great weekend. Can anyone help me ID this palm, if I'm not mistaken it's a date palm but I don't know which one specifically. As you can see it sprouted a lot of seedlings of which I have luckily potted a few.

IMG_9890.JPG

Looks like it could be date palm, Phoenix dactylifera?

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• AZ_Palm_Guy
      By AZ_Palm_Guy
      Hello everyone, 
      I was hoping to obtain some opinions/advice on figuring out what is currently happening to a date palm pup I planted awhile back. In the last couple of weeks I've noticed that the leaflets have started to yellow then brown and it has started to travel down the fronds slowly. In some spots it has stopped completely and just has dried up. All the new growth inside is still very green and looks normal. The soil I have is clay but I did my best to amend it with garden soil for palm trees and I live in AZ. Temperatures for the last couple of weeks have been between 85-100°F. The drainage is not bad but it is not great. I water it about twice every week with a slow drip. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Water stress? Nutrition deficiency? Disease? Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Cool Ritchie
      By Cool Ritchie
      Greetings,
      I need assistance in determining what type of hybridized Phoenix Reclinata palm this is on the photos. After doing some research, I see Reclinata and Sylvester. I'm fascinated with the branches/leaves that look like the Sylvester but multi stem like the Reclinata. Any comment or advise is much appreciated. Live in Central/West Florida.

• pavi
      By pavi
      Chambeyronia macrocarpa potted
    • teddytn
      By teddytn
      Walking around the yard weeding and watering and thought I would share some of what I have growing. Needle palms, sabal minor mccurtain, sabal minor, sabal Birmingham, various opuntias, yucca rostratas. 

• MarioPalmCUBA
      By MarioPalmCUBA