• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Today we stopped at our local deli for lunch. As we were leaving I noticed two large Phoenix palms on each side of the driveway. One was loaded with seeds while the other, a male, was not. The fruits were still green and were 1" long x 1/2" wide. The seeds are 3/4" x 3/8". The Phoenix genus is not my favorite but these two palms were spectacular beneath the sunlit sky. They have been cared for and pruned judiciously and were perfect. I saw no other Phoenix palms nearby. My question is: Can anyone tell me what hybrids these two palms could be (almost all Phoenix in FL are hybrids)? Is anyone interested in seeds when they ripen? If the offspring take after the parents they should turn out to be awesome palms. I hope everyone agrees. I took the following photos:
      Phoenix species/hybrid
      Fruit and seeds

Male palm

Seeding Female palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Yesterday we traveled back to the Fort Myers Palm Park in downtown on Martin Luther King Ave to check on the status of two seeding Copernicias. I also took a few minutes to take photos of other palms.
      Sabal palmetto Lisa x2: These are the wild Sabal Lisas rescued from certain destruction during renovations of I-75 about 10 years ago. The City of Ft. Myers donated space in this palm park where they will live in perpetuity. Notice that the palm on the right holds on to its boots; the one on the left does not. The palm on the left is my avatar.

Dypsis cabadae: very pretty and elegant

Syagrus schizophylla with seeds

Serenoa repens Silver: well trimmed and flowering

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Awhile back I posted photos of the first surviving crop of seeds from my Dypsis lanceolata. Those seeds are harvested and ready to go to new homes.
      https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Dypsis_lanceolata
      This is a clustering Dypsis but only sparsely so. My palm has two stems and is 8-10' tall. It is notable for its unusually long, arched fronds and wide, rippled leaflets. It is closely related to Dypsis pembana and cabadae.
      Dypsis lanceolata fresh seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot
                                                         100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $6.00 in a padded envelope. I cannot ship seeds or plants outside the US. No shipping to HI.
      Payment via Paypal.
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I germinated these seedlings several years ago. They are still tiny but hanging in there. I still have dozens of them. I believe they are D. madagascariensis v mahajanga but I need confirmation from a Dypsis afficionado. I got the seeds from @NatureGirl back in 2018 or so. They are maddeningly slow growing as some Dypsis are but are surprisingly resilient. They stay outdoors in the shade year round and get no protection from the elements. I have dozens of them I am looking to sell as I don't have time and energy to keep herding them around.
      Are these D. mad v mahajanga?