Sign in to follow this  
WaianaeCrider

Dealing w/C-19 Blues

WaianaeCrider

Not to get political, but our crazy Gov. n  Mayor shut down O`ahu AGAIN.  Not supposed to leave house except if you are an "essential" worker or going shopping.  That includes shutting down most "non-essential" business like the bowling alley where I am a member of 3 leagues.  So I figured 3 weeks w/no bowling means I saved at least $300 in lane fees and gambling...LOL  Oh, forgot buying lunch and gas to get there.    SOOOOOO......

I went online and ordered 16 more palms from FloraBunda.  They arrived yesterday.  Here is a photo of the lot of them after unpacking.  I'll post a list later and individual photos as I plant them out.  For now they will sit in my 60% shade green house getting a little use to my semi-desert here on O`ahu. 

20200902_144449.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Moose

Sounds like you got time to take an individual photo and description of each palm for this thread. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

WaianaeCrider
3 hours ago, Moose said:

Sounds like you got time to take an individual photo and description of each palm for this thread. :lol:

Not sure about descriptions of each.  LOL  Here is the list.  They are all 1 gallon size.

Actinokentia divaricata
Areca oxycarpa
Beccariophoenix alfredii

Bentinckia condapanna
Calyptrocalyx hollrungii
Calyptrocalyx pachystachys
Chambeyronia macrocarpa
Chuniophoenix nana
Clinostigm  savoryanum
Cyphophoenix alba
Cyphosperma balansae
Dypsis baronii
Dypsis rubusta
Itaya amicorum
Loxococcus  rupicola
Pinanga philippinensis
  • Like 2

xoRudy

Can you drop their website link, I want to take a peak!

WaianaeCrider
1 hour ago, xoRudy said:

Can you drop their website link, I want to take a peak!

Not trying to be "sassy" but you could Google it.   LOL   Nah, here it is.....

https://www.floribunda.xyz/pricelist/

• Like 2

xoRudy
10 hours ago, WaianaeCrider said:

Not trying to be "sassy" but you could Google it.   LOL   Nah, here it is.....

https://www.floribunda.xyz/pricelist/

Wanted to see if I have the right website, thanks..

Ben in Norcal

Just put my late summer order in - 2nd of the year for me.  Can't wait to get it!

WaianaeCrider
2 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Just put my late summer order in - 2nd of the year for me.  Can't wait to get it!

The waiting is almost as hard as the work to plant.  LOL  I know what you mean.  This was my second order for the year as well.  That's a total of 33 palms from Jeff this year.  Not sure if I'll have any ground ready for another this year.  SHUCKS.   LOL

• Like 2

WaianaeCrider

While the palms are sitting in my shade house I have to figure where to put them and get the RAW area ready for planting.  Here is what I have to put up with.  LOL  Some area's have seen no improvement in 30 years others are just waiting for palms.  This area will pretty much have no shade so I'm gonna put up some shade clothe and plant some that can take full sun in a few years. here. 

20200829_123951.jpg

20200904_140045.jpg

• Like 2

WaianaeCrider

Then there is this Simi-virgin area under a huge Mesquite tree.  It's pretty flat w/a lot of wild grass and lots of fallen branches from the Mesquite tree.

20200905_104306.jpg

Frond-friend42

Sweet. Like your vision. Keep us posted.

krishnaraoji88

Out of that list my experience in the dry costal band on the east side (sand not clay though) was that Beccariophoenix alfredii was easy in the sun.  B. condapanna tolerates it but doesn't grow as fast as when I was in Manoa. Loxococcus does ok in the shade but I wouldn't let it have too much sun. The Clinostigmas have done surprisingly well in sun too but the rose beetles like to munch on the leaves. The Pinangas have been a real struggle. The Chambeyronia are surprisingly drought tolerant in shade. The Calyptrocalyx do well as long as they stay moist, if the sprinklers break they die fast.

• Like 1