• Similar Content

• Palm Sundae
      By Palm Sundae
      Have a few Washingtonia robusta/filibusta started from seed and currently in 5 gallon pots. All of them were potted straight up or very nearly so. They now all lean a little or a lot to the south (towards the sun.)
      None of my other palms seem to be doing this. Is this normal? Should I try to fix it by turning the pots or will it matter when they go in the ground later this year? Probably not enough time to make much of a difference is what I think.
      When they go in the ground I'm guessing it is best to try to get them 'straight' again. Are they small enough to where it does not matter? They will be about 24" tall, smallish compared to big box store palms because they have been in the full AZ sun from Day One with no shade...
    • GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      What time of year does W. Filifera or Robusta flower and produce seed?
    • GoatLockerGuns
      By GoatLockerGuns
      Took a trip out to a Washingtonia filifera oasis this month.  I highly recommend it.  Easily accessible with some monster specimens.

• GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Hello I was wondering if people could share how they germinate W. Filifera and Robusta seeds, I am wondering what the ideal temperature for germination is, as I have my Filifera seeds in a pot at room temperature with the soil at around 67 F, will they germinate?

• GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Does anyone know the cold hardiness of w. filifera in proportion to it´s age or trunk dimensions, also does anyone know if the location of the tree dramatically affects the cold hardiness of it´s seeds