Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Ptychosperma robusta seedlings: 60+ in 10" Pot

PalmatierMeg

I have a 10" pot of 60+ seedlings of Ptychosperma robusta from my mother palm. About 10 years ago I bought a young clustering Ptychosperma at a sale. The seller called it "Ptychosperma robusta", which was not then and is not now a valid binomial, to my knowledge. He knew nothing else about it. When it was smaller I posted photos in hope someone on the forum would recognize it but got no response. Anyway it has grown quite large and so tall I can't easily photograph its crown. I remove its offsets to keep it at two stems that are 4-5" diameter each, quite chunky by Ptychosperma standards. It grows quickly, flowers and seeds easily and ripe fruit is vibrant red. The infructescences are so high up we can no longer reach them with ladders or pole saws. As a result seedlings pop up all around it in the jungle. The other day I dug up over 80 seedlings and rather than compost them, will find them a new home. I can say this unknown species is completely hardy here and took down to 38F last winter. I hope some enterprising palm lover can offer these seedlings a home. And I hope someone can give it a valid name if one exists. Seedlings will be sent via Priority Mail with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil. Take  a leap into the unknown. See summary below

Ptychosperma sp "Robusta": 60+ rooted seedlings @ $18.00 for the lot

Shipping = $10.00 via Priority Mail.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

TOTAL = $28.00

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested

TOTAL = $30.00

Photos

Ptycho robusta x60 01 08-14-20.JPG

Ptycho robusta x60 02 08-14-20.JPG

Ptycho robusta x60 08-14-20.JPG

Mother palm

1547090251_PtychospermaspRobusta2006-14-20.thumb.JPG.97be24acb45704f754402f3ca3220a00.JPG

• Like 1

DALION

Still waiting for a response since I am interested 

PalmatierMeg

Seedlings are SOLD!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• DreaminAboutPalms
      By DreaminAboutPalms
      This Washingtonia hybrid seedling is about 9.5 months old and I noticed about a month ago how the trunk was starting to curve. This morning I was removing the oldest frond noticed that the boot ripped right off revealing what looks to be like the trunk rotting on bottom of one side, it’s all black.

not sure if this is from bugs, or if that spot just kept getting wet. Other than this the palm looks fine. Newest frond is steadily growing 

• DreaminAboutPalms
      By DreaminAboutPalms
      https://www.nwestiowa.com/news/sibley-man-cuts-down-unlikely-palm-tree/article_6fc173c0-ecb8-11e9-81e5-efee02cc76e9.html

this man in Sibley Iowa (Zone 4) grew a Washingtonia to 20 feet tall by building a greenhouse over it in the winter time. Unfortunately he cut it down but still has a smaller second one
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      There so many in my garden

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      Welp. Ol' Dirty Sanchez got a haircut and a beard trim today. I hope I didn't doom him, since he's gonna be awfully heavy to yeet into the dumpster. I went to check on Patio Squad after a heavy thunderstorm rolled through and cut off a brown frond - I don't know the scientific term here, but all the other petioles/spots where I cut dead fronds off previously felt like wet cardboard so I started snipping away until I got to dry tissue. He's already been declining from - I don't know, we guessed cold/frost damage in another thread. 

Open to suggestions to keep him alive, even though he repeatedly stabs me. I'm hesitant to try peroxide since there's already so much moisture in his grow hole and under the old growth. As a backstory, his once big and stabby new fronds have turned into short and stabby new fronds as well. He's been the stabby cornerstone of Patio Squad for almost 2 years now. 

• Mia