Zekorora

Beccariophoenix alfredii

Zekorora

where do they sell Beccariophoenix alfredii palms in California? Or a website they can ship them?

Meangreen94z

Jungle Music in San Diego can ship them. There’s also usually a few small ones on eBay. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ben in Norcal
On 7/31/2020 at 12:52 AM, Zekorora said:

where do they sell Beccariophoenix alfredii palms in California? Or a website they can ship them?

I have 15 gallon B. alfredii in pots if you want to drive to Concord.  I also have BxJxS and Mules in 15s I would part with.  PM if of interest!

Darold Petty

Zekorora, Welcome to Palmtalk !  :)

(You should contact Ben, otherwise it will be a trip to Southern California.)

DoomsDave

@Zekorora I want to join @Darold Petty in welcoming you to Palm Talk.

I have some plants for sale in So-Cal, though I can't ship, alas.

They'll be worth the trouble to get, though. They get large fast, so give them room.

Zekorora
1 hour ago, Ben in Norcal said:

I have 15 gallon B. alfredii in pots if you want to drive to Concord.  I also have BxJxS and Mules in 15s I would part with.  PM if of interest!

Yes, that would be great, thanks!!! Are you available this week?

Ben in Norcal
1 hour ago, Zekorora said:

Yes, that would be great, thanks!!! Are you available this week?

I'll send you a PM.

VA Jeff

My one experience with Jungle Music was to pay for an expensive hybrid but received a more common palm instead.

• Upvote 1

WaianaeCrider
On 7/31/2020 at 2:01 AM, Meangreen94z said:

Jungle Music in San Diego can ship them. There’s also usually a few small ones on eBay. 

Not looking to start a problem but I went to their web page and WOW those are pretty expensive 1 gallon palms.

• Upvote 1

Jim in Los Altos
10 hours ago, VA Jeff said:

My one experience with Jungle Music was to pay for an expensive hybrid but received a more common palm instead.

Me too. I bought what was labeled a hybrid Foxy Lady palm from them and it turned out to be a regular Foxtail palm. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ben in Norcal

Update: I watched Alex stuff a 15g Beccariophoenix, a 15g Butia x Jubaea x Syagrus, and a 15g Mule into a Prius today...along with a baby Bismarckia, a Brugmansia, and an unknown Phoenix reclinata cross. :lol:  He reminded me of myself...hopefully he got back to Sac safely with fronds in his face!!!

Alex, post pics when those palms see dirt!

• Like 4

Jim in Los Altos
1 hour ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Update: I watched Alex stuff a 15g Beccariophoenix, a 15g Butia x Jubaea x Syagrus, and a 15g Mule into a Prius today...along with a baby Bismarckia, a Brugmansia, and an unknown Phoenix reclinata cross. :lol:  He reminded me of myself...hopefully he got back to Sac safely with fronds in his face!!!

Alex, post pics when those palms see dirt!

Sounds like those palms have found a good new home. I’m getting a big palm delivery this weekend but all but a couple of them are going into client’s landscapes. Biggest is 32 gallon Parajubaea torallyi. 

• Like 2

Ben in Norcal
3 minutes ago, Jim in Los Altos said:

Sounds like those palms have found a good new home. I’m getting a big palm delivery this weekend but all but a couple of them are going into client’s landscapes. Biggest is 32 gallon Parajubaea torallyi. 

I'm looking forward to getting my unicorn this weekend, Jim!  Of course, the huge hole is already dug - and the Phoenix reclinata mess out front finally got pulled in favor of the new addition. :D  Just getting a few small D. ambositrae besides that...I can never have enough of those.

• Upvote 1

Briank
On 8/2/2020 at 9:40 AM, Ben in Norcal said:

Interesting.    I have a BxJ & and Syragus x Jubaea.    But I do not have BXJXS! What would that look like ? Should I have one ? 

enigma99
On 8/3/2020 at 4:51 PM, Jim in Los Altos said:

I got the 45 gal chambey coming this weekend with some smaller things. Hole dug already

• Upvote 1