IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Wanted to start planning!

BamaPalmer

Just so I can better prepare financially and commence packing my duffel bag (and I apologise if this has been discussed before and everyone else knows!) where will the two next IPS Biennials be located?  Now that I'll be retired beginning in 2021 (and hopefully for a bunch of years thereafter before the "reaper" calls me home!!) I DO want to get out of the USA, for at least one of these wonderful events, that I've only read about and dreamed of!!  I couldn't even imagine the majesty in the sightings of some of my favourite palm species (at home!!)  Wow!  Thanks for the information too.  I would be in absolute awe to get even ONE chance this lifetime to see palms in their native habitat!  With gratitude and sincere thanks, Andy

Edited by BamaPalmer
punctuation

• 7 months later...

So sorry for the very delayed response! The IPS has considered several locations and dates for our next Biennial, but to my knowledge nothing has been definitively planned.

COVID challenges of course make it a challenge.

However as soon as information is available we will be sure to post on PalmTalk and Palms.org. Looking forward to meeting you on one of our amazing trips!

Cindy Adair

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hear it will be Hawaii.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

• 2 months later...

Yes, rumor has it that it will be held in Hawaii next year. Late summer I believe.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 2 weeks later...

Dates for a Hawaii trip are set, according to an IPS emailed newsletter received today: Save the date! Sunday, October 9 through Saturday, October 15, 2022. Alo-o-o-o-ha!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

• 1 month later...