realarch

Ho Lee Grail, Ho Lee Chit!

Thankfully I have a garden large enough to wander and wonder at the beauty and variability of the various species of plants. Every now and then an event happens that well......, takes one's breath away. This Lemurophoenix has decided to come out of it's shell. It has held it's leaf sheaths for years now and they 
finally gave way to reveal the most spectacular display, in a large way, of mauve, purple, and pink. Planted almost 12 years to the day from a 3 gallon, it was certainly worth the wait. Now, where's that bus, I'm ready to be run over. 

Tim

IMG_5661.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5660.jpg

• Like 35
  • Upvote 2

realarch

A few more.....

Tim

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5681.jpg

• Like 25
  • Upvote 4

Really full garden

How long does that color last? Its spectacular!

DoomsDave

Locking the door so I don't run screaming down the street . . . .

Yike a rooney, @realarch you've made my day! My Week!

Neil C

Wow, wow and wow!!!

Regards Neil

• Upvote 1

Kim

Shocking beauty, unreal!image.png.fb8dbd32b03adf8e42a8a70646161c2b.png

• Like 3

The Gerg

Stunning. Thank you for sharing.

GottmitAlex

Just incredible!!!!!

:o:greenthumb::yay::greenthumb:

sandgroper

That is beautiful mate! Really spectacular,  I hope it holds that colour for a long time!

Dypsisdean

Where's that "world's most beautiful palm" topic? That is what is known as a show-stopper.

There is a reason "Palms of Madagascar" declared Lemurophoenix "probably the grandest palm of the whole island."

And it is just getting started.

PalmatierMeg

Spectacular,Tim

bgl

Tim,

That is beyond dramatically spectacular! :o Mine are a couple of years behind yours, growth wise, so clearly something to look forward to! :)

Bo-Göran

• Like 1

akamu

Tim,your palm is simply spectacular congratulations I wish these were an easier grow here I don't know of any success stories in so cal.  If so please post a picture aloha

sonoranfans

Wow, the greatest crownshaft of them all and #1 showstopper!  thanks for the pics!

DoomsDave

Yeah, they won't make here in California.

I even went and got a few and passed them around to various folks by the beach. Hoping that maybe they'd make it there.

Nope. Sob.

• Upvote 1

mike in kurtistown

A real eye-opener, Tim. I'll have to take a closer look at my biggest one. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Gonzer

Wow, and grouped with an exceedingly rare 'Orange Crown Shaft' digging shovel. Well played!

• Like 1

PatientPalms

Such a beautiful palm.  :drool: Your photos are giving me hope for the future of my little palm collection!  Now if this little untimely wind will die down, I’ll go put these beauties in the ground... :greenthumb:  (edit: just realized Douglas broke the steel cable holding my shadecloth down :rant:)

1E188357-FD92-40BC-AFD3-76F887862B35.jpeg

palmfriend

Well done - really really spectacular!!

Thank you for sharing!

best regards

Lars

realarch

Thanks everyone for the comments, I was grateful to be able to share this incredible palm from the garden. 

Here are a few more photos.

My neighbor Jason social distancing. :D

The same palm back in October 2008 right after planting. For folks with palms this size.....keep the faith. 

A real blast from the past, The day I acquired the palm from Bo, along with a truckload of other stuff. BTW, we look exactly the same today!

Tim  

IMG_5703.jpg

10lemurplant.jpg

7bounty.jpg

• Like 6

Hilo Jason
2 hours ago, realarch said:

Thanks everyone for the comments, I was grateful to be able to share this incredible palm from the garden. 

Here are a few more photos.

My neighbor Jason social distancing. :D

The same palm back in October 2008 right after planting. For folks with palms this size.....keep the faith. 

A real blast from the past, The day I acquired the palm from Bo, along with a truckload of other stuff. BTW, we look exactly the same today!

Tim  

I could practically see the pink / purpleish glow from this palm from my place, so I had to go and see it up close and in person.  

Oh and you guys practically do look exactly the same today!  Hawaii ages you both well.  

• Like 2

John hovancsek

Omg, that thing is amazing 5hat us a happy palm

Frond-friend42

Such a beauty! Thanks for sharing. I also love the look of that Kerriodoxa right behind it.

Jim in Los Altos

All I can say is...

E426CF00-9045-4474-815F-E6531A7C97D3.jpeg.756411c7df3e8195c2d7d97e8eeaa126.jpeg