Rudy yuma,az

20 year old Cycas revoluta

Rudy yuma,az

Planted a single Revoluta and twenty years later ended up with this beautiful female. Hows it look?

Yuma, Arizona

IMG_8342.jpg

IMG_8341.jpg

IMG_8340.jpg

IMG_8339.jpg

IMG_3597.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

xoRudy

Wow!! I wonder how one turned to so many different Sagos. Looks great.

gtsteve

Well done Rudy, welcome to the forum. I can see that you will be an asset to this site. Great looking plant.

GeneAZ

How do you avoid sunburn?  Yuma is hotter than Phoenix and sunburn is rampant on sagos here.

• Like 2

Rudy yuma,az

@GeneAZ Sagos will burn if the get the western sun / afternoon sun in Arizona This sago doesn’t get any direct sun After 4pm, it’s planted on the east side of my garage.

• Like 3

Jim in Los Altos
8 hours ago, xoRudy said:

Wow!! I wonder how one turned to so many different Sagos. Looks great.

Sagos always grow “pups” after they’ve got some trunk. Sometimes they’ll grow a dozen or more new ones. They can carefully be removed along with some roots and planted elsewhere. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      I was away for a few days and returned to my sago palm flush looking like this. 
      The fronds leaflets seem short and when it finishes unraveling looks like its going to be skinny. Also i notice some of the new fronds are curving downward. 
      Is this a water issue? I have three irrigation lines on it with no top. I also had someone water it by hose once while I was gone. 
      Also I notice the fronds a little yellow. 
      Is there any saving this flush?
      P.s I love in arizona and it has been pretty hot.

• mdsonofthesouth
      By mdsonofthesouth
      I know I know they aren't palms! But still cold hardy testing none the less lol. So far these have seen 19F, many low to mid 20s for lows at night and even 36 hours bellow freezing! Might as well document these while we are having this well bellow average false winter....errrr Fall. 

Here they are right before our first dip in the teens. Filmed around November 20th

Here they are this AM.

ZERO protection from our weather and so surprising that the little guys are still doing so well. Hoping they pull through to spring as Id love to have a set of these in the garden. 
    • mdsonofthesouth
      By mdsonofthesouth
      Here is the curling trachycarpus, dying yucca gloriosa and others. Can't wait to put them in the ground!

• garden novice
      By garden novice
      Just planted a sago palm. We live in zones 8-11. However the soil is kind of muddy like...not wet but clumped up in a way because there was nothing planted there for a long time and the sprinkler were apparently turning on. So I planted the sago palm there about 10 days ago. I did add cactus soil. First mistake I made was I watered the foliage. Apparently, that is a no no.. Bought a soil moisture and ph meter. It is most/wet all the time and ph is very alkaline. Next thing I did was I added peat moss. It has been about 5 days since I added peat moss. The foliage, to me atleast, is still yellowing.... Any advise?n Should I take it back out and put it in a pot and try to revive it? I don't want to stress it more out.