IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

First time hearing of this cross

yabazid

I was wondering if anyone ever heard of the cross between BxJ the mother and a BxS mule pollen father. 
seems very interesting and odd

Alright then it should also be hardier than the normal 3way hybrid, which is usually the syagrus pollen doner making it 50% of the plant and less hardy. 
But with BJxBS you get 50% B, 25% J, 25% S. For 8a SE wet winters and humid summers I feel it’s the best combination.

• Like 2

I am in the process of purchasing this palm from Patrick. If this palm grows well then it would be the new super super mule I presume. 

So are we now saying that mules sometimes produce viable pollen?  If that is true we should see mule palm F2’s...

27 minutes ago, Ben in Norcal said:

It’s so beautiful :wub: fronds look amazing

Anyone test the cold hardiness for this one?

28 minutes ago, Trustandi said:

@Ben in Norcal so pretty. How old is the hybrid?  Is it a slow grower? 

Maybe 5 years?  Slower than a mule for sure...

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Ben what happened ??  I see a lot of bare dirt !!! :mrlooney:

San Francisco, California

11 hours ago, Darold Petty said:

Ben what happened ??  I see a lot of bare dirt !!! :mrlooney:

Hahaha Darold!  Mulch you mean!

A garden is a living thing, as you well know...meaning something is always changing!  I originally had a couple of big Parajubaea in that area, but am trying to create paths around the garden for both myself and the kids.

• Like 2

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

On 7/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, yabazid said:

@Trustandi yes he’s selling. I understood he has three 5G of this hybrid. I got to pick the biggest caudex. 

Well did this make it in the ground ? We must see pics haha If I had known Patric had these i would've tried one instead of the (BxJ)xS i had gotten from him =/ 

• Like 1

T J