IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Tropical southern Ontario

Rickybobby

So we finally have a consistent hot summer. Awesome weather for palm growing. Our minimum daily highs  are ranging from 30c to 35 everyday for weeks now my 15g foxtail is growing like a weed which is great and everything else trucking along watering every 3 days minimum in the pots. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Good stuff man!  Do you ever get any comments from the neighbors about the palms around the pool?

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

5 hours ago, Rickybobby said:

21B35238-B67C-485E-B91E-693FBCD1ABFB.jpeg

Looking great!

I read on CBC about the relentless heat in southern Ontario, sounds incredible.

Very jealous here, we're sitting with daytime temps struggling to get up to the early/mid teens celcius. We haven't had any snow or snow showers this year so far, for the 7th year in a row.

• Upvote 1

Looking great! I still dont have mine acclimated yet because of the rain. It might have gotten 30 minutes of sun for the past few days except today. It got an hour of sun and started to show signs of sunburn. This is gonna be a while.

• Upvote 1

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 4 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 4 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 2 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

21 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

Good stuff man!  Do you ever get any comments from the neighbors about the palms around the pool?

I don’t because we have all large pieces of property and lots of privacy so not many know I have them 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1