• Similar Content

• 3 Milesfrom Gulf of Mexico
      By 3 Milesfrom Gulf of Mexico
      My archontophoenix alexandrae threw this spear about two years ago.  It is the stunted  leaf on the left side of the tree.  It's been a battle ever since.  Slow growing until this growing season.  The palm has thrown  three nice healthy looking spears in last three months.  The palm is about 8 years old.  Is this frizzle top?  Or could this be some type of viral infection the palm had.  The palm was planted as a seedling.  

• Cool Ritchie
      By Cool Ritchie
      Greetings,
      I need assistance in determining what type of hybridized Phoenix Reclinata palm this is on the photos. After doing some research, I see Reclinata and Sylvester. I'm fascinated with the branches/leaves that look like the Sylvester but multi stem like the Reclinata. Any comment or advise is much appreciated. Live in Central/West Florida.

• Haddock
      By Haddock
      Out of all the coconut varieties in the world, which one would you say can handle cool temps for the longest?
    • Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      A month ago I purchased a young coconut that had been grown in a grocery bag. It had terrible root wrap, and I had to sever its thicker roots, which had fused with the bag. It looked yellow and sick, but it’s putting out a new frond now. Do you think it’s going to grow out of the root-wrap stage? (I’m also including pics of my other palms, which came with the house.)

• TokyoShowdown
      By TokyoShowdown
      So a little over two years ago I was on Maui and was able to get a sprouted coconut (about 2 inches) back to my home in Montana. Last spring it grew large enough to hit my ceiling. I had a large LED grow light over it but once it grew large enough, it just shot fronds past it. Admitting it was likely the end, I put it outside during the summer. It survived, despite some of the fronds dried out from Montana's very dry climate near the mountains. However, its growth greatly slowed and I was able to bring it back in during the fall. Well, as summer approaches, the coconut palm is still alive. So basically, how long can I slow its growth without killing it?