IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

My revenge on the RPW, Predator-style (Insect lovers, look away now)

Jan Jo

"We meet again, Red Palm Weevil... 

IMG_20200624_163031_copy_1000x750.jpg.b5eaaff0a3c8cff5c82b4b280de98645.jpg

But this time... 

IMG_20200624_163036_copy_1000x750.jpg.2aabe8463ec90b6de7a95b8724a889b9.jpg

... the pleasure will be all mine!"

IMG_20200624_163041_copy_1000x750.jpg.e0f3cc834cb480643f467cf3704a0414.jpg

I'm sorry! I'm not normally like this, really.. I love and respect all wildlife, I'm the kind of person who opens windows to let insects out rather than swat them... 

But with the red palm weevil...

It's personal, we share a dark history... too many fallen palms, too many broken hearts... (I've shared some of these sad stories with you here on Palmtalk). When I saw it hovering around my Bismarckia this afternoon, something just snapped inside me... I saw the skewer lying around from the BBQ the other day, and one thing sort of lead to another... 

"Let this be a lesson to the rest of you... weevils... "

• Like 7

SHOW NO MERCY!!!!!

• Like 1

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Well done!

Leaving him there should send a message to his friends.

:w00:

• Like 2

For far too long have they rampaged in our gardens and landscapes, killing our loved ones with impunity... But no more! We MUST resist! 

(Not for me, but for Pritchardia, for Ravenea, and all the millions of others who are no longer with us...) 

Edited by Jan Jo
  • Like 1