IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Fix or cover the stucco, Bucko . . .

DoomsDave

My house is 74 years old, and time has worked some negative character to it.

Including stucco damage and earthquake cracks to same.

I've heard competing ideas: one is to cover the stucco with siding, the other is to fix the stucco.

Anyone who has any thoughts, share away!

2015813052_nastystucco.jpg.06df8bfb72c99731c4fc81642fe58cd7.jpg

• Like 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 4 weeks later...

It adds character.. lol.. mine is bad too.. its mostly cosmetic tho.  My house is 50 years old..Its been on my list for years now.. heres how I deal with it..

"Its on the list..."

• Like 1

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&pw

You can put gutters up.. most of my stucco damage is from where my canales come off the flat roof.. Im adding these scupper boxes when i have the extra cash... and working on my rainbarrel system.  Its mostly water damage and splashback from acidic rainfall.. so maybe if you put a gutter in that area.. it will drastically slow down the damage..  and then work on getting the repair done..

20200713_191511.jpg

• Like 3

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&pw

I would replace it with wall tiles. Spanish stile's fits great in California

Just my 2 cents....