DoomsDave

My fave Pritchardtia

DoomsDave

Here’s my favorite Pritchardtia, the former lanaiensis.

It’s about 25 feet tall and gorgeous.

@colin Peters was wanting more so here it is!

8DACC351-A823-4DE1-BD6C-5C078FEF004A.thumb.jpeg.103be168d0db5e0a7adb45e7ca94af14.jpeg1129D04B-2CE2-4263-91A0-C4A28C00DCCF.thumb.jpeg.f15c76a034c7dbe84a98104b0ebc71a7.jpegBFE9FA6E-D3D4-4484-93A1-ACA014341D42.thumb.jpeg.677ab07fd20510d1d3d0ced60ed09a4c.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Upvote 4

krishnaraoji88

:wub2: This one is now glabrata?

• Like 1

Austinpalm

How old is that palm?

• Like 1

DoomsDave

@krishnaraoji88 that's what I thought, too. Maybe that is it.

@Austinpalm, I recall planting it back in around 2005 from a 15 gallon or thereabout.

akamu

That thing is a beast great looking Palm Dave it is obviously very happy looks like it grew fast. Any seeds yet?

krishnaraoji88
2 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

@krishnaraoji88 that's what I thought, too. Maybe that is it.

@Austinpalm, I recall planting it back in around 2005 from a 15 gallon or thereabout.

I didn't think glabrata got so big!

DoomsDave
7 minutes ago, krishnaraoji88 said:

I didn't think glabrata got so big!

Whatever it is, everyone loves it! I wish it would hurry up and seed already.

• Like 2

DoomsDave
On 6/13/2020 at 10:18 AM, akamu said:

That thing is a beast great looking Palm Dave it is obviously very happy looks like it grew fast. Any seeds yet?

It tries, but can't seem to, er, consummate . . . .

Chris Chance

wow looks great Dave! Wish I could grow here but don't think Pritchardia of any kind like the dry heat and cold here so haven't even tried. 

DoomsDave
2 hours ago, Chris Chance said:

wow looks great Dave! Wish I could grow here but don't think Pritchardia of any kind like the dry heat and cold here so haven't even tried. 

Remota might be worth a shot. They survive the dungeons of my Death Camp better than the other Pritchies. I have a couple, one of which I'm going to dig out, too close to a Bizzie.

Chris Chance
3 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Remota might be worth a shot. They survive the dungeons of my Death Camp better than the other Pritchies. I have a couple, one of which I'm going to dig out, too close to a Bizzie.

I might have to give it a try if I can find one. My biggest worry is that it would look yellow and sickly all the time. Are you looking for a new spot in your garden? Definitely need to make room for that Bizzie!

Briank
On 6/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, Chris Chance said:

I might have to give it a try if I can find one. My biggest worry is that it would look yellow and sickly all the time. Are you looking for a new spot in your garden? Definitely need to make room for that Bizzie!

Need to move just a few miles West into Downtown Riverside where there’s all them huge Shade Trees and plant some Pritchardias and other stuff you been wanting to try lol.  Love downtown Riverside area tons of shade!! Lol. 

Mo Val hasn’t quite got any shade anywhere.   Need an update on all your Plants, I’ve been away from Palm Talk for a while. 

Josue Diaz

amazing palm Dave! well grown 

doubravsky
On 6/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, Chris Chance said:

Chris I have a pair of Remotas in Riverside that never missed a beat planted in full sun... they’re pretty tough. 

image.thumb.jpeg.fe6fa995c96d629ae9dd848f5372d2f4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Chris Chance
10 hours ago, doubravsky said:

Chris I have a pair of Remotas in Riverside that never missed a beat planted in full sun... they’re pretty tough. 

image.thumb.jpeg.fe6fa995c96d629ae9dd848f5372d2f4.jpeg

Well that's great to know! They look good there and I know you're not too far from me. 

• Like 1