• Similar Content

• Daniel23
      By Daniel23
      Hi,
      I'm hoping someone could give me some advice about growing a Canary Island Date Palm (Phoenix Canariensis). I'm thinking of planting one in a circular, slightly raised brick bed in the centre of my garden, and would love the palm to start out small (about 1 to 1.5 meters tall) and grow big over the years. However, I'm not sure if the circular bed, which measures 80 cm in diameter, is big enough to achieve this. The other issue I have is that the soil under and surrounding the bed is compacted and very hard to dig. I've dug a hole about a meter deep below the bed, but as it stands, I think the roots would have difficulty breaking out into the wider soil. I can excavate the area below the bed some more to give the roots room to grow, but I'm not sure how deep and wide I should go. I'd be really grateful if someone could give me some advice on planting a Phoenix Canariensis in this environment.
      Thanks,
      Daniel

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      I have been growing to canary island date palms for the last two years. 
      One of them i repotted back in May and the center sphere came out. It may have been due to watering the crown.  
      Here are photos of that one l and unfortunately it didn't survive. 
      My question is I don't want to screw it up for the second CIDP I am growing as I am growing it for my cousin. 
      When is the best time to repot it, I would hate to slow down the growth of the trunk if this pot is too small. P.s i am in Mesa az

• Teegurr
      By Teegurr
      Hi, new member here. I just received these Canary Island date palm seeds from treeseeds.com. I wonder how long I should keep them indoors and when to plant outside. Also, what soil would be good for them? I appreciate the help! 

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      Hello all!! Thinking of adding another canary island date palm to my yard. 
      Would like to gather opinions on the minimum amount of space needed between the two while allowing the fronds to still look nice. 
      Thoughts would be appreciated.
    • Coasta
      By Coasta
      Hello all! Just wanted to get your opinion on what could be causing my canary island date palms to have dark/ burned looking spots on each rachis that has come out this summer? 
      The palm seems to be very happy as it has put out quite a few new fronds, just curious.