IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Redlands nursery

OC2Texaspalmlvr

So basically I want to reach out to anyone near Redlands nursery in Homestead, Florida. Who is willing to buy and ship palms to the Houston area. I actually bought palms from them lately and the shipping technique was atrocious and the cost was outrageous. Alot of us who live in between So.Cal and Florida don't have many options locally for rare palms =/ PM me if interested to embark on this endeavor as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested in this arrangement. 

T J 

the owner passed away he was a great guy, there are a few outlets south of you the valley have you looked there ?

15 minutes ago, Umbrae said:

the owner passed away he was a great guy, there are a few outlets south of you the valley have you looked there ?

Actually I haven't done much exploring outside of PT. Noone has really pointed me in the right direction for palms in Texas. 

T J 

22 hours ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

So basically I want to reach out to anyone near Redlands nursery in Homestead, Florida. Who is willing to buy and ship palms to the Houston area. I actually bought palms from them lately and the shipping technique was atrocious and the cost was outrageous. Alot of us who live in between So.Cal and Florida don't have many options locally for rare palms =/ PM me if interested to embark on this endeavor as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested in this arrangement. 

Ship by tuck? Or small stuff in a box?

Jeff

• Upvote 1

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

44 minutes ago, Jeff Searle said:

Ship by tuck? Or small stuff in a box?

Jeff

More looking for small stuff =) Palms I can't get or don't want to wait to grow from seed. I know yall have a ton of palms I would buy , dont believe yall ship tho ? One day I'm gonna drive my palm happy @ss to your nursery haha 

T J 

5 hours ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

More looking for small stuff =) Palms I can't get or don't want to wait to grow from seed. I know yall have a ton of palms I would buy , dont believe yall ship tho ? One day I'm gonna drive my palm happy @ss to your nursery haha 

I have made a couple road trips to south FLA , always a good adventure 

2 hours ago, Umbrae said:

I have made a couple road trips to south FLA , always a good adventure 

So the plan is when we take my daughter to disneyworld. We're gonna save a couple days to visit nurseries,  botanical gardens and maybe a few PTers gardens too =) 

T J 

@OC2TexaspalmlvrHere are the blue alba I have in 3g grown from Christian Faulkner seed. $37ea. Nicest color than any alba I have seen at a florida nursery. The pictures dont so them any justice but they are starting to get very good color on them.  I have to deliver some encephalartos to the houston botanic garden in the next 30 days and will elbe in the area. 

I also have powder blue paurtis palm which will do great in houston as well. 

20200614_134954.jpg

20200614_135019.jpg

I have plenty of decora left.  PM me and let me know how many you want

This is Daniel, I will take 3 of your blue Alba as well. How blue are your Paurtis? Any photos? Thanks