PB170010.jpg

LA1-20-07z.jpg

Pasadena

P9100173.jpg

P9090102.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kris

Dear Gentlemen :)

Thanks,thanks & thanks.....:drool: I loved the visuals...:winkie: And also spl thanks to those who have posted stills in big size !

Lots of love to you all,

kris 095c6ccf.gif

happ

Kris, sorry about that last photo since those tall narrow-trunk palms are phoenix reclinata not p.canariensis. :blush:

Exotic Life

If I see those pictures I want spring again!

• Upvote 1

Janni

Hi Kris,

here are a few pics from the greek island of Kos. There are many many many CIDPs! sometimes you might think the greeks dont't know there are also other palms than CIDPs or Washies... I took these pics outside the medieval castle of Kos Town. Enjoy...

Kos20.jpg

Kos09.jpg

Kos03.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kris

Dear Janni,

Thanks for the visuals...:drool: I love it !

Kris, sorry about that last photo since those tall narrow-trunk palms are phoenix reclinata not p.canariensis. :blush:

I must say once in a way if other phoenix palm still just pop's in this thread its perfectly okay,you could see that in some earlier posts few members have done it.But if we post more on CIDP it would be very apt for the topic header..:D

Thanks & Love,

kris :)

happ

P9090064.jpg

P4090064.jpg

LA1-20-078.jpg

P4090066.jpg

Extensive fire damage to the trunks

Edited by happ
  • Upvote 1

Kris

:drool::yay:

Thanks for those lovely mature CIDP stills...They Rock ! :greenthumb:

Love,

kris 21b511d0.gif

Kris

Dear Orion :)

Looks like a Lovely heavenly garden with lots of palm god's residing in them...:drool:

Thanks for that lovely still and by the way your avatar is very intreasting too ! :rolleyes:

Lots of love,

iamjv

Happ, where is that second picture (tree lined blvd) taken at? Wish you had come across that during mid day! Jv

maghi

my p.roebelini,2 weeks later

post-4027-12664322378133_thumb.jpg

Rafael

These two (one of them sided by washie, maybe filifera) are located in a palace yard, in Oporto, Portugal!

In this town, in the 19th century, rich people used to plant these two specimens, and, nowadays, we can see them all over the city!

Later i will show other pictures, of old canarys, too beautiful!

They are like monuments!!

post-3292-12671417561225_thumb.jpg

post-3292-12671417780314_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kris

Dear Rafael :)

Thanks for those beautifull stills of mature CIDP's and thanks for that brief background of those palms..

Love,

sarasota alex

CIDP pictures from San Jose, CA

post-3501-12675954445194_thumb.jpg

post-3501-126759545968_thumb.jpg

post-3501-12675954762288_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kris

Dear Alex :)

Thanks for those beautiful visuals..:drool: And the 2nd still CIDP looks like a male palm.Since the fronds are not dense and are not arching.

Lots of love,

Kris

DSCN1785.jpg

overview.

sadly a large royal that was there last time had been removed.

Kris

Here's a lovely article written by Mr.Phil Bergman on the Phoenix species,By the way there are beautiful stills & illustration on most of the phoenix ! :drool::yay:

I request Phoenix palm lover's to kindly visit this link at least once,or if not more ! :)

http://www.junglemus.../DatePalms.html

Love,

Kris
iamjv

Beautiful cars and palms..... nice find Kris! Jv

Kev Spence

Hi guys here are a couple of pics of my CIDP in the middle bit of the UK the first from December 2009 and the second shot pictured today after our coldest winter in 31 years. :(

IMGP5199.jpg%20ph%20can.jpg

IMGP6525.jpg%20ph%20can.jpg

nomolos

One from near my place

P4020230.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kris

Dear Sol :)

Thanks for the beautiful visual..Its beautiful !

Dear Kev Spencer :)

Glad to hear from you,hope that your burnt CIDP kicks back to its full potential...

Lots of love to you all,

Luisd

Hi, some pics of Phoenix canariensis, Granada:

P1010306.JPG

P1010307.JPG

P1010309.JPG

• Upvote 1

Kris

:drool::yay:....

Thanks for those great visuals !

Love,

Caryota_gigas

post-636-1271495390466_thumb.jpg

Bees on Male flowers, Auckland, New Zealand.

Kris

second part of red palm training video is now online to see

click here

http://www.hipalgarv...meirascap2.html

You may all ask why is this link posted here,there is a reason since we can have a healthy CIDP palm only if we take care of it properly.And iam very impressed with the method shown in this video.i.e fully organic based cure,Hope some day even botanist find a cure for the fungus disease which is wrecking havack to these palms.

And i also realised that trimming mature palm to its fullest acceptable limits can actually ward of unwanted bugs growing in it,and also brings in much needed sunlight in to the main growing area.

Since untrimmed phoenix especially the CIDP's can be really frightningly dense,and hard to work on it,Say trimming or spraying insecticides in the crown area etc...

Dear Jv, i think you have trimmed you cidp right...:greenthumb: And any new photos of that baby ?

Thanks & Love,

Kris

Nice video clip & terrific background music...! :winkie:

Rafael

With all the CIPD beauty that we can observe here, how can it be possible anyone to choose this palm as the ulgiest one (as several members did in a recent topic)???

• Upvote 1

Kris

With all the CIPD beauty that we can observe here, how can it be possible anyone to choose this palm as the ulgiest one (as several members did in a recent topic)???

Well,Taste differs & some would hate the spines & thorns seen in the phoenix family.But i say that iam not a fan of the coconut palms,just beacause they are very common to place where i live...:)

So we can neatly conclude this by saying that fimilarity breeds contempt ! :mrlooney:

Love,

Rafael

Well,Taste differs & some would hate the spines & thorns seen in the phoenix family.But i say that iam not a fan of the coconut palms,just beacause they are very common to place where i live...:)

So we can neatly conclude this by saying that fimilarity breeds contempt ! :mrlooney:

Love,

I can understand what you said, but i live surrounded by CIDP (and my yard does not have any), and i still like this palm a lot.

Maybe it should be more understandable that people would not choose CIDP as one of the precious palms, but choose it as an ugly palm??????

Regards!

Rafael

• Upvote 1

Kris

And here are some more beautiful videos in HD quality ! :)

GTClover

Wow! what are those other wild looking trees?

Susan

Kris

Susan

Dear Susan :)

The big size trees seen beside those CIDP's are Dracena Draco(dragon blood tree).

Love,

Rafael

I'm fine here (Oporto, Portugal), no problem having this tunnel below me! :D

post-3292-12738735163305_thumb.jpg

post-3292-12738735800271_thumb.jpg

Edited by rafael
  • Upvote 1

GTClover

Susan

Dear Susan :)

The big size trees seen beside those CIDP's are Dracena Draco(dragon blood tree).

Love,

Dracena! Thanks, Kris, that seems to be quite a diverse genus.

Susan