Kris

Any pictures on CIDP

Axel Amsterdam
22 hours ago, NorCalKing said:

How do these look so good with the cool rainy winter they have?

Wow. 46f daytime high in the winter that's very cold. And only 36f overnight. I'm impressed these do so well there!

Ah yes, first of all this CIDP grows in the absolute center of London which is nearly frostfree (well occasionally 28f) and there are no cold coastal winds in the center to brown the edges of the fronds or to yellow the fronds. Planted in heavy London clay probably also helps. But the main thing is, CIDP's dont need heat to look good. I know they grow mostly in hot summer climates but they dont need it. The butia next to the CIDP looks allright but you can tell its growing in a heat deprived climate.

• Upvote 2

Kris

Thanks for those nice visuals gentlemen, And also for keeping this thread Alive.

Love,

Kris.

dalmatiansoap

IMAG7911_zpsdfsxnbmp.jpg

IMAG7912_zpsxjbtrj4w.jpg

:greenthumb:

• Upvote 3

Kris

Wow..my eyes are feasting.

Thanks and Love,

Kris.

dalmatiansoap

Always nice to see this porphyrocarpa 

IMAG7920_1_zpsvamfh4m0.jpg

IMAG7919_1_zpslyzakvwh.jpg

:greenthumb:

• Upvote 1

Kris

Thanks Ante,

For those lovely visuals..

Here are few videos that impressed me,Both the machinery and the professional skills employed in CIDP & Phoenix Palm  Removal,Transportation and replanting..

• Upvote 1

Laaz

A few in the historic district of Charleston. Probably 100+ years old.

2eczx3t.jpgqoyvd1.jpg156u5pt.jpg

• Upvote 1

GoatLockerGuns

Martinez, California (2015)

DSC_0112-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

GoatLockerGuns

Petaluma, California (2015)

DSC_0094-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

GoatLockerGuns

Sacramento, California (2016)

DSC_0295-2.jpg

• Upvote 3

GoatLockerGuns

Mission San Rafael Arcangel, California (2016)

DSC_02501.jpg

• Upvote 4

Kris

Dear Todd and Dear Richard,

Thanks for those lovely CIDP visuals and they are indeed very healthy..:greenthumb:

Love,

Kris.

Pal Meir
On 25.8.2016, 15:26:59, Laaz said:

34fljrq.jpg

So nice palms :), and so ugly, ugly wires :rant: even inside towns in a so rich country, I can’t understand … :huh:

Mr.SamuraiSword
On 12/1/2015, 7:07:49, RobustaEnvirons said:

I personally find the CIDP to be amazing. Here it is growing in England of all places! How is it able to grow in England, when I would stand no chance at keeping one alive here in Toledo, Ohio (6B)? England is further north than Toledo, Ohio as well. Its a hop away from the Arctic Circle, but yet this CIDP looks as if it can't be bothered! Totally awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxYUpYYU-s

1.JPG

unfortunatly,  the gulf current makes england much warmer then ohio.  Ive always wondered why they can grow date palms but in CT people struggle with their sabal minors, trachys and even basjoo bananas!

• Upvote 1

Mr.SamuraiSword

I wish the stupid desiese killing the CIDPs in europe didnt exist.  now they are planting washingtonias all over spain to replace them.  I dont like washingtonias at all.  why not palmettos, or livistonas

NorCalKing
2 hours ago, Mr.SamuraiSword said:

I wish the stupid desiese killing the CIDPs in europe didnt exist.  now they are planting washingtonias all over spain to replace them.  I dont like washingtonias at all.  why not palmettos, or livistonas

We have both, and they are naturalized, so they grow in the wild everywhere. The crownshaft of the CIDP can get unbelievably huge, and only homeowners with very large properties will generally grow them. Or they will just consume the whole front yard.

• Upvote 1

Pip
18 hours ago, Mr.SamuraiSword said:

Because Washingtonia can live of the naturally light rainfall of Spain.

Monòver
19 hours ago, Mr.SamuraiSword said:

Always the most common palm in Spain was and is, the Washintonia. And followed for the date palm in mediterranean places and for canary palm in cool and inland areas.

Now, the people plant Washintonias because they are cheap and fast. 

Why not palmettos or Livistonas?

Palmettos are a rare palm in Spain and are too slow here.

Livistonas, for people are like Washintonias but slower and expensive.

And of course, nobody are planting canary palms, is too expensive fight against red weevil.

• Upvote 1

Kris

Here are videos on how these monster palm is made to look cute after their hair cut...I meant trimming ! :P

Kris

Here is a visual of young CIDP container grown,belongs to our forum member ' Pal Meir '.

57dcf6eb2b192_PalMeir_Palmtalk_CIDP.thum

• Upvote 2

Kris

Nice video of CIDP Replanting work,But its placed on elevated bed but the end product looks good.Effortless work and all mechanized..Location Switzerland. 

• Upvote 1

DCA_Palm_Fan

These are not so big, but still nice. The first two are the same palms. One angle only looks like one.    Taken near Fort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida, about 3 weeks go.  Enjoy!!!  

IMG_9904.JPG

IMG_9905.JPG

IMG_9903.JPG

IMG_9906.JPG

• Upvote 2

cm05

CIDPs of Universal Studios (Orlando), they actually have quite a few species of Phoenix, but this thread is about canariensis.

IMG_3390.JPG.fb25f3c4366ac0c6bcb2503a820

IMG_3391.JPG

• Upvote 3

Kris

Thanks friends,

For those lovely visuals.

Love,

Kris.

Stelios

Some nice CIDP from the Loro Park in Tenerife (Canary islands). Everywhere you look in Tenerife you see amazing mature CIDP.

DSC02417[2].JPG

• Upvote 4

dalmatiansoap

IMAG8172_zps3o2zh8be.jpg

One from the coffee break 

• Upvote 3

Mohsen

I tool these pictures from "Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium" 2 weeks ago...I got all my CIDP seeds from here...

it was a very windy day ...

IMG_8243.JPG

IMG_8242.JPG

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8240.JPG

• Upvote 6

palmfriend

Hello there,

we`ve got a few ones over here as well but I think ours are not such beauties like those posted before.

(Long and humid summers, typhoons and sometimes pretty much salt in the air...)

However, here are two of them...

001x.thumb.jpg.cb35230c1c0c80da936cf59ea

...a very young one - pretty close to the beach - ...

003x.thumb.jpg.0e5eb84a40b912fa0d4fc4c80

...and here an older one, a little bit more away from the shore.

best regards

• Upvote 3

Alicante
On 10/9/2016 17:17:56, Mr.SamuraiSword said:

And if I say you that the people is putting massive amounts of Syagrus? :(

Like Monòver said, from always the most common palm in Spain was the Washingtonia (look at famous photos of Valencia, Barcelona, Alicante, Palma, Malaga etc) and Ph. Dactylfera tended to be planted in inland areas, Madrid is full of them for example and it's at the centre of the Iberian Peninsula!

This is how CIDP look in Ciempozuelos, Madrid in the winter:

Ciempozuelos_-_Plaza_Mayor.JPG

Edited by pRoeZa*
  • Upvote 4

Sanips

In the North of Spain the most common one is CIDP, that's for sure. Here a good example of mature ones in Coruña.

Captura.thumb.PNG.fd1932d11eae43b0207fac

Edited by Sanips
  • Upvote 4

Kris

Thanks friends for those lovely visuals.

sur4z

these were installed yesterday at a house that belonged to President Kennedy

IMG_3769.JPG.a872cac2d169f9a23d3e9b6e370

IMG_3771.JPG.012149bbf1139a80810652e58e9

• Upvote 2

Pip

Seppeltsfield winery, Barossa Valley, South Australia. 

FB_IMG_1480052431808.thumb.jpg.ca3a9b1f2 

Image from See South Australia 

• Upvote 5

Antoni Uni

Near l'Escala, Catalonia - Spain

IMG_4879 fs 600x800.jpg

• Upvote 2

Brian F. Austin

This little one is from seed collected in Sonoma CA. I started it in 2014 and neglected it a bit before going into the ground.

canary5-17.jpg

• Upvote 2

Umbrae

I am trying to get this one to come home with me without my wife noticing 

20170524_123209.jpg

• Upvote 3