• Similar Content

• teddytn
      By teddytn
      Hoping anyone growing these can help. I’m picking up 2-5 gallon sabal Louisiana soon, just curious what everyone’s actual experience with them are. Are they just as cold hardy as sabal minor? Do they need to be protected in bad winters? Prone to spear pull? Thanks in advance!!
    • GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Any ideas on what the ailment might be? Interior spears have a fair amount of yellow...one of the fronds that did open up is quite small and blotchy green and yellow...otherwise, the fronds exposed to the winter look great...I sprayed some copper fungicide this evening...tried giving the inner most spear a pull but the palm threatened to rip my hand to shreds...any experience with this specific malady??

• teddytn
      By teddytn
      Walking around the yard weeding and watering and thought I would share some of what I have growing. Needle palms, sabal minor mccurtain, sabal minor, sabal Birmingham, various opuntias, yucca rostratas. 

• teddytn
      By teddytn
      Hi everyone, I live in northern middle Tennessee and have been growing palms in ground unprotected for 8 years. Haven’t always been successful by the way. Have a pretty decent collection of non palms also. Anyway to get to the point, I am in the process of planting some potted sabal palmettos and was hoping to pick some of the experts brains on the realistic long term survival of a palmetto in northern Tennessee. I’m fairly deep into this project already and am half tempted to start a post to document and track the whole process if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance
    • GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Just arrived...is this a Trachy or a Needle? The leaf says it’s a Needle but maybe immature Trachy’s have leaf segments with 3 folds as opposed to one down the middle of the segment? There are also no needles on the trunk...just wondering since it’s supposed to be a Trachy but the leaf segments are not like my more mature Trachy...any help greatly appreciated...