IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Any pictures on CIDP

Kris

Los Angeles:

PB170010.jpg

LA1-20-07z.jpg

Pasadena

P9100173.jpg

P9090102.jpg

• Upvote 1

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

Dear Gentlemen :)

Thanks,thanks & thanks.....:drool: I loved the visuals...:winkie: And also spl thanks to those who have posted stills in big size !

Lots of love to you all,

kris 095c6ccf.gif

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, sorry about that last photo since those tall narrow-trunk palms are phoenix reclinata not p.canariensis. :blush:

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

USDA 11/Sunset 23

Hi Kris,

here are a few pics from the greek island of Kos. There are many many many CIDPs! sometimes you might think the greeks dont't know there are also other palms than CIDPs or Washies... I took these pics outside the medieval castle of Kos Town. Enjoy...

Kos20.jpg

Kos09.jpg

Kos03.jpg

• Upvote 1

Dear Janni,

Thanks for the visuals...:drool: I love it !

Kris, sorry about that last photo since those tall narrow-trunk palms are phoenix reclinata not p.canariensis. :blush:

I must say once in a way if other phoenix palm still just pop's in this thread its perfectly okay,you could see that in some earlier posts few members have done it.But if we post more on CIDP it would be very apt for the topic header..:D

Thanks & Love,

kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

P9090064.jpg

P4090064.jpg

LA1-20-078.jpg

P4090066.jpg

Extensive fire damage to the trunks

Edited by happ
  • Upvote 1

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

USDA 11/Sunset 23

Dear Orion :)

Looks like a Lovely heavenly garden with lots of palm god's residing in them...:drool:

Thanks for that lovely still and by the way your avatar is very intreasting too ! :rolleyes:

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Happ, where is that second picture (tree lined blvd) taken at? Wish you had come across that during mid day! Jv

Jv in San Antonio Texas / Zone 8/extremes past 29 yrs: 117F (47.2C) / 8F (-13.3C)

• 2 weeks later...

These two (one of them sided by washie, maybe filifera) are located in a palace yard, in Oporto, Portugal!

In this town, in the 19th century, rich people used to plant these two specimens, and, nowadays, we can see them all over the city!

Later i will show other pictures, of old canarys, too beautiful!

They are like monuments!!

post-3292-12671417561225_thumb.jpg

post-3292-12671417780314_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Dear Rafael :)

Thanks for those beautifull stills of mature CIDP's and thanks for that brief background of those palms..

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Alex :)

Thanks for those beautiful visuals..:drool: And the 2nd still CIDP looks like a male palm.Since the fronds are not dense and are not arching.

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a lovely article written by Mr.Phil Bergman on the Phoenix species,By the way there are beautiful stills & illustration on most of the phoenix ! :drool::yay:

I request Phoenix palm lover's to kindly visit this link at least once,or if not more ! :)

http://www.junglemus.../DatePalms.html

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Beautiful cars and palms..... nice find Kris! Jv

Jv in San Antonio Texas / Zone 8/extremes past 29 yrs: 117F (47.2C) / 8F (-13.3C)

Hi guys here are a couple of pics of my CIDP in the middle bit of the UK the first from December 2009 and the second shot pictured today after our coldest winter in 31 years. :(

IMGP5199.jpg%20ph%20can.jpg

IMGP6525.jpg%20ph%20can.jpg

Zone 8b

Central UK

Average min over last 5 years -5.1 C

One from near my place

P4020230.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sol Cooper

Hobart Tasmania

42 degrees South

Mild climate - mostly frost free

Dear Sol :)

Thanks for the beautiful visual..Its beautiful !

Dear Kev Spencer :)

Glad to hear from you,hope that your burnt CIDP kicks back to its full potential...

Lots of love to you all,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

second part of red palm training video is now online to see

click here

http://www.hipalgarv...meirascap2.html

You may all ask why is this link posted here,there is a reason since we can have a healthy CIDP palm only if we take care of it properly.And iam very impressed with the method shown in this video.i.e fully organic based cure,Hope some day even botanist find a cure for the fungus disease which is wrecking havack to these palms.

And i also realised that trimming mature palm to its fullest acceptable limits can actually ward of unwanted bugs growing in it,and also brings in much needed sunlight in to the main growing area.

Since untrimmed phoenix especially the CIDP's can be really frightningly dense,and hard to work on it,Say trimming or spraying insecticides in the crown area etc...

Dear Jv, i think you have trimmed you cidp right...:greenthumb: And any new photos of that baby ?

Thanks & Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

With all the CIPD beauty that we can observe here, how can it be possible anyone to choose this palm as the ulgiest one (as several members did in a recent topic)???

• Upvote 1

With all the CIPD beauty that we can observe here, how can it be possible anyone to choose this palm as the ulgiest one (as several members did in a recent topic)???

Well,Taste differs & some would hate the spines & thorns seen in the phoenix family.But i say that iam not a fan of the coconut palms,just beacause they are very common to place where i live...:)

So we can neatly conclude this by saying that fimilarity breeds contempt ! :mrlooney:

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Well,Taste differs & some would hate the spines & thorns seen in the phoenix family.But i say that iam not a fan of the coconut palms,just beacause they are very common to place where i live...:)

So we can neatly conclude this by saying that fimilarity breeds contempt ! :mrlooney:

Love,

I can understand what you said, but i live surrounded by CIDP (and my yard does not have any), and i still like this palm a lot.

Maybe it should be more understandable that people would not choose CIDP as one of the precious palms, but choose it as an ugly palm??????

Regards!

Rafael

• Upvote 1

Wow! what are those other wild looking trees?

Susan

Susan

Dear Susan :)

The big size trees seen beside those CIDP's are Dracena Draco(dragon blood tree).

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Susan

Dear Susan :)

The big size trees seen beside those CIDP's are Dracena Draco(dragon blood tree).

Love,

Dracena! Thanks, Kris, that seems to be quite a diverse genus.

Susan