IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Any pictures on CIDP

Kris

• 1 month later...

The following still courtesy Bill

post-108-1263482630_thumb.jpg

And here is a link on CIDP and there are visuals of its installation !

The Link !

Love,

kris :)

By the way if you have any new stills of CIDP kindly add those visuals here... :drool:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

CIDPs under snow in Dubrovnik and surrounding areas. (Last year we had 2 days of snow after many years - all palms survived temp wasn't to low :P) Pics are from Cro palm forum.

post-4039-1263494606_thumb.jpg

post-4039-1263494638_thumb.jpg

post-4039-1263494651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dundo

My favourite one - a nice smooth trunk

DSCF2518.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sol Cooper

Hobart Tasmania

42 degrees South

Mild climate - mostly frost free

Dear Sol :)

Nice to hear from you and very happy to see that lovely cidp in your post..

Thanks & Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hi Kris, maybe you can help me. I have a fabulous CIDP that has been in the ground nearly four years and has always been beautiful. About the last eight to ten months there has been appearing this necrotic behavior half way up the stems on the older blades. They start to turn black and then droop and I cut them off. The palm seems to be free of pests, gets regular watering and a fair amount of fertilizer. Any suggestions? Peter

P.S. It is currently in seed for the first time!

post-2997-1263826212_thumb.jpg

post-2997-1263826257_thumb.jpg

post-2997-1263826281_thumb.jpg

post-2997-1263826307_thumb.jpg

Peter

hot and humid, short rainy season May through October, 14* latitude, 90* longitude

Dear Peter :)

To me your palm looks like a hybrid one with lots of p.sylversteris blood in it.

And if your are watering your palms using a water hose,try avoide spraying ground water on its crown.And for one year try not to fertilize your palm.Since when i used fertz with heavier dosage,even my sylversteris did exhibit the same leaf disorder.And healthy CIDP pure form are very greenish & they reflect a glossiness(Shinning) when they are exposed to full sunlight.

And iam shure you are living in a tropical heaven where watering phoenix palms is almost unnessary.Allow your palm to grow on its own without your assistance,you will find out what i have said.

And when you have visuals of fully ripe seeds post there stills...i would like to examine it.

And phoenix palms do not need pampering in tropical regions...As they get more dosage of rainfall,salt spray & humidity.

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, thanks you for your reply. Perhaps I am giving it a little too much care! I will follow your suggestions and hope she does better. Peter

Peter

hot and humid, short rainy season May through October, 14* latitude, 90* longitude

Dear Bubba :)

Thanks for the visuals...The palm does seem okay,not bad at all ! But i do not know one thing why in india,especially south india no one has planted this variety of phoenix.Is it they are scared of the huge thorns & spines or does it not grow well in a hot wet tropical region with heavy humidity & coastal influence year around.

Why why why.... :huh: Since there are many palm fan's in our country,But why is it that iam the only one growing this jamboo ? :hmm:

A very confused kris... :blink:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kriss, here are some pics of my little P.Canariensis taken today (in the dark).

Foto-UNYKMCF4.jpg

Foto-ZCMILN6U.jpg

Foto-NJ73DYOK.jpg

Greets from the Netherlands.

Temperature 2008 High:89.2 °F / 31.8 °C Low:24.6 °F / -4.1 °C Average:50.9 °F / 10.5 °C

Temperature in 2000-2008 High:100.6 °F / 38.1 °C Low:19.8 °F / -6.8 °C Average:54.0 °F / 12.2 °C

Zone 9?? that would be awsome!!! but i think 8b.

Dear Dalmatino :)

Nice beautiful stills,and iam gald to see that your CIDP has the shinning dark green that i love in Cidp.And this is a very unique feature of canary date palm,when compared with all other heavy trunking phoenix palms !

Thanks & Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Estimado Miguel :)

Lovely visuales .. que la belleza de altura debe ser fácil de alrededor de 200 a 250 años de edad? Y gracias por caer por y para la concesión de esa foto hermosa!

Mucho amor,

Kris :)

Wow! tallest one i ever saw, king of Phoenix genus :D

Well Said Dundo :)

Even i consider the CIDP as the 'King amoung the Phoenix' Clang !

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Lovely visuales .. que la belleza de altura debe ser fácil de alrededor de 200 a 250 años de edad? Y gracias por caer por y para la concesión de esa foto hermosa!

Mucho amor,

The pleasure is mine. Thanks to you for this post.

Anybody said 400 years, but is very difficult to know how many year has this palm.

Other pic. Palmeral del Barranco de Tirajana:

post-108-12645731484826_thumb.jpg

In this link there are old pics with the Phoenix canariensis at Canary Islands

http://fotosantiguascanarias.org/buscador/album_pag.php?st=1&free=palmera&Submit=Consultar&page=1

One example: Las Palmas, Gran Canaria 1927:

:D

• Upvote 1

Datos del aeropuerto de Gando. Vivo a 1 Km

60030.gif

Visita el blog: PALMETUM DE MASPALOMAS

Mucho amor,

The pleasure is mine. Thanks to you for this post.

Anybody said 400 years, but is very difficult to know how many year has this palm.

Other pic. Palmeral del Barranco de Tirajana:

post-108-12645731484826_thumb.jpg

In this link there are old pics with the Phoenix canariensis at Canary Islands

http://fotosantiguas...onsultar&page=1

One example: Las Palmas, Gran Canaria 1927:

:D

Gracias por la información sobre la edad de la palma de la mano que la fecha de edad Canarias!

Y también muchas gracias por el nuevo enlace en las fotos clásico en la palma de Canarias y la región ..

Mucho amor,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kris,

I have been in Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL since last Thursday, and will be returning home tomrrow afternoon and I have taken a TON of photos of CIDP's! Every time I see a CIDP, I think of you and this thread and I will often take a photo. I have LOTS to post, and I will add them when I get back from my trip and go through the hundreds of photos I have taken. There are some gorgeous CIDP's in this part of FL for sure!

• Upvote 1

Dear Kris,

I have been in Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL since last Thursday, and will be returning home tomrrow afternoon and I have taken a TON of photos of CIDP's! Every time I see a CIDP, I think of you and this thread and I will often take a photo. I have LOTS to post, and I will add them when I get back from my trip and go through the hundreds of photos I have taken. There are some gorgeous CIDP's in this part of FL for sure!

Thanks very much and it seems till you post those CIDP visuals ! iam not going to have sound sleep...:drool:So go ahead and click...iam sure its going to be a feast for all true CIDP lovers.

Lots of love to you,

kris :yay:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

OK Kris-

You may have seen this, but heres an update. First, my CIDP that used to be in my back yard, pic probably 8-9 years ago.

post-27-12645611225127_thumb.jpg

I went to visit it a couple weeks back. Its doing fine!! :D

post-27-12645612082395_thumb.jpg

It now sits in the middle of a horse training track.

Edited by BS Man about Palms
  • Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Bill :)

Thanks for the update,really very happy to see that jamboo doing fine in its new home.

And thanks for those lovely stills !

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Friends  :)

this is a picture of CIDP.which i germinated from

seeds.and is around 8 months old.

it is left in full sunshine in my terrace,sorry for

posting it so late but i got hold of the camera only

recently !

Love,

Kris(India).

Wow! tallest one i ever saw, king of Phoenix genus :D

Well Said Dundo :)

Even i consider the CIDP as the 'King amoung the Phoenix' Clang !

Love,

Lol, i didn't notice it before but smaller Phoenix is bowing to the king :lol:

Edited by Dundo
  • Upvote 1

Dear Kris,

Thanks very much and it seems till you post those CIDP visuals ! iam not going to have sound sleep...:drool:So go ahead and click...iam sure its going to be a feast for all true CIDP lovers.

Lots of love to you,

kris :yay:

Dear Kris,

I am sorry for the delay in posting photos. I have been a bit busy since getting back last Wednesday, but I have finally found the time to offload the photos and now I am going to post some for you! Please excuse the quality (or lack there of) of some of these photos as the camera on the iPhone is not the best camera in the world.

The first 2 photos below were taken at the Gizella Kopsic Palm Arboretum in Downtown St. Petersburg, FL, in North Shore Park.

The remaining photos in this post (after the first two) were all taken at the Florida Botanical Garden, Pinellas County in Laro, FL.

I hope you, and everyone else enjoy the photos! I will try my best to include some descriptions on where each photo was taken.

Love back to you! :winkie:

KJ

post-3216-12652222085601_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652222641034_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652223132201_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652223765747_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1265222380799_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652223884131_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652223929266_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652225242232_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652225746016_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652226835_thumb.jpg

post-3216-12652226877926_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Dear Kj :)

Fentastic visuals of fairly mature specimens...and i bow to the Emperor of the phoenix clang !

9628b23d.gif

And i have doubts wheather my CIDP here in south india would grow so beauitful in our hot wet humid tropical zone.:huh:

writings.gif

Kris.

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kj :)

Fentastic visuals of fairly mature specimens...and i bow to the Emperor of the phoenix clang !

9628b23d.gif

And i have doubts wheather my CIDP here in south india would grow so beauitful in our hot wet humid tropical zone.:huh:

writings.gif

Kris.

Kris,

You are most welcome! I will never pass a CIDP again and not think of you and this thread! :lol:

I believe I have more photos of CIDP somewhere. I will look for them. Each summer the U.S. National Botanical Garden here in Washington DC places some rather large, mature CIDP's outside in very large containers. They have been doing this for many years, and they are there every summer. I have photographed them many times and I will see if I cannot find the photos to post.

I have many more photos of "Date" palms from my FL trip I can post here if you like, but I think they are Sylvestris (sp?) and not CIDP.

Glad you enjoyed the photos!

KJ

Kris,

You are most welcome! I will never pass a CIDP again and not think of you and this thread! :lol:

I have many more photos of "Date" palms from my FL trip I can post here if you like, but I think they are Sylvestris (sp?) and not CIDP.

KJ

Dear KJ :)

Iam eager to see more cidp stills here,but datepalm stills can be upload into a new thread,which you can start.But i remember one member has already done this i cannot remember his use name at the moment.he is from England.If i find that date palm thread i will PM that link to you and you can post the stills their.So that we have a continuity of visuals for other phoenix palm lovers to enjoy.

While Cidp stills big or small,hi res or standard are all welcoem here..:drool:

Thanks & Lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris,

KJ

Dear KJ :)

Iam eager to see more cidp stills here,but datepalm stills can be upload into a new thread,which you can start.But i remember one member has already done this i cannot remember his use name at the moment.he is from England.If i find that date palm thread i will PM that link to you and you can post the stills their.So that we have a continuity of visuals for other phoenix palm lovers to enjoy.

While Cidp stills big or small,hi res or standard are all welcoem here..:drool:

Thanks & Lots of love to you,

That sounds like a plan! :greenthumb:

Or you could PM me a link to that thread and I could just bump it up. :)

KJ

:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

Bruce

Innisfail - NQ AUS - 3600mm of rain a year average or around 144inches if you prefer - Temp Range 9c to 43c

dear Kris here is a photo of a P can. wich is now 7 years old. i buy`d him in 2003 in spain whith a cycas revoluta. and ever cinse he is growing very good.also i have an P.can. of 20 years,but this one is packed in so much that i can send you a picture after the winter.

post-4027-12655763982437_thumb.jpg

Canary Palms among other trees:

Borrego Springs:

P3100134.jpg

San Diego:

sandiego1-1.jpg

Pasadena:

032.jpg

Los Angeles:

gardenstuff9-2-07069.jpg

• Upvote 1

Los Angeles/Pasadena