IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Any pictures on CIDP

Kris

How do you like these Kris ? The one in front has a twist like a coconut tree.

Photo taken in Cleveland, Queensland 26th July, 2009.

post-51-1248650984_thumb.jpg

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

gotta add my own 2 cents worth of photos: btw... some of the palms in photos 4,5 and 7 are over 100' tall

post-426-1248663139_thumb.jpg

post-426-1248663151_thumb.jpg

post-426-1248663165_thumb.jpg

post-426-1248663176_thumb.jpg

post-426-1248663189_thumb.jpg

post-426-1248663201_thumb.jpg

post-426-1248663214_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

From Cape Town, South Africa:

IMG_0679_A.JPG

• Upvote 1

Resident of Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, San Diego, CA and Pahoa, HI.  Former garden in Vista, CA.  Garden Photos

Dear Wal,Justin :)

Great visuals thanks very much..

Dear Geoff :)

Its very nice to have you in this thread,And we all know your contribution to the palm world,and i have read your intreasting articles on palms in daves garden.where iam also a member.

And those cidp stills that you have posted here are simply superb.. :greenthumb:

Thanks & Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Justin do you have any shots from the other end of that path way.... looks like a wonderful CIDP lined path and would enjoy seeing what it looks like. Thanks, JV

Jv in San Antonio Texas / Zone 8/extremes past 29 yrs: 117F (47.2C) / 8F (-13.3C)

Justin do you have any shots from the other end of that path way.... looks like a wonderful CIDP lined path and would enjoy seeing what it looks like. Thanks, JV

I don't, sorry. If we have anyone from Cape Town on the board, it should be relatively easy for them to get a shot.

Resident of Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, San Diego, CA and Pahoa, HI.  Former garden in Vista, CA.  Garden Photos

Thanks Justin, it just looks like a really nice line of CIDPs.... hope someone else on the board has been there. cheers, Jv

Jv in San Antonio Texas / Zone 8/extremes past 29 yrs: 117F (47.2C) / 8F (-13.3C)

Here´s photo of a lovely small CIDP with a person who doesn´t show any respect against palms :angry: Too bad that the dogs who were guarding there didn´t bite him for that :rolleyes: The picture was taken in Costa Blanca Espana. By for now I have seen most of the places up from Barcelona down to Tarifa and CIDP tends to be most popular palm there besides other phoenixes and washies ofcourse.

post-3321-1249071347_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

howdy

Dear Rudolfo :)

That guy seen there is one with nature,that is a very common site here..in our national highways.But the palm we use here is borassus or p.sylversteris. :blink:

And by the way the palm would have got all the needed urea(nitrogen) from that guy.And need no fertz for the next 6 months !!! :lol:

Love,

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hello Kris, just got back from Croatia and got some fresh stills of CIPD's for you.

Trunk :unsure: :

Foto-A63J7YCW.jpg

Foto-7YQMEYFI.jpg

GroteFoto-BJPFPQPQ.jpg

Crazy Canarienis with a strange curve under the canopy :blink: :

GroteFoto-JKXC3URJ.jpg

Greets.

Edited by Dalmatino

Temperature 2008 High:89.2 °F / 31.8 °C Low:24.6 °F / -4.1 °C Average:50.9 °F / 10.5 °C

Temperature in 2000-2008 High:100.6 °F / 38.1 °C Low:19.8 °F / -6.8 °C Average:54.0 °F / 12.2 °C

Zone 9?? that would be awsome!!! but i think 8b.

Dear Mate :)

Lovely country with very intreasting palms... :) Thanks for those stills.

Lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Rudolfo :)

That guy seen there is one with nature,that is a very common site here..in our national highways.But the palm we use here is borassus or p.sylversteris. :blink:

And by the way the palm would have got all the needed urea(nitrogen) from that guy.And need no fertz for the next 6 months !!! :lol:

Love,

Kris,

A plant-lover doctor told us that urine is rich in potassium, and he used his to fertilize his plants (sorry, not palms), of course diluted. :lol:

George Yao

Metro-Manila

Philippines

Kris,

A plant-lover doctor told us that urine is rich in potassium, and he used his to fertilize his plants (sorry, not palms), "of course diluted". :lol:

:lol: ..

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Bubba :)

Thanks for those lovely visuals.. :drool: but palms seen in post 219,those 3 mystery palms are date palms.

Here is a still from a recent post by BS Man about Palms and the cidp visual was so beautiful thought we should include in our album dedicated to the king of phoenix palm _'canary date palm' ? :hmm::)

post-108-1253603227_thumb.jpg

Love,

Kris :winkie:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here are some lovely Cidp visuals with the person who took those beautiful stills..and by the way even i would have done the same thing if i was to pose in front of my loved one(Canary date palm) :winkie:

These stills were contributed by our forum member samirbouag

post-108-1254154041_thumb.jpg

post-108-1254154070_thumb.jpg

post-108-1254154095_thumb.jpg

post-108-1254154122_thumb.jpg

post-108-1254154148_thumb.jpg

post-108-1254154179_thumb.jpg

post-108-1254154202_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Some nice additions Kris.... good shots Samirbouag. Jv

• 3 weeks later...

Dear sergio burciaga :)

Thanks for dropping by and for uploading that mind blowing beautiful still of my loved 'one'.And you are very lucky person to have neighbours who even love palms ! :greenthumb:

I hope the one iam growing here in south india too grows like the one seen in your still.

After seeing your still both my stomach & heart is full with joy. :)

Lots of love,

kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is a picture of the Capetown city hall taken 20 years ago.

It is a pic of my screen, as I took dias, so it explains the quality.

GBPIX_photo_157934.jpg

Same in Pretoria.

GBPIX_photo_157744.jpg

• Upvote 1

On South facing hill. Elevation 220m/720 feet. Lat 43°N.

Average Temp: Jan 3°C/11°C 38°F/52°F Jul 15°C/26°C 59°F/79°F

Min/max Temp 24 years period: -8°C/40°C 17.6°F/104°F

Heat Zone 3. Rainfall 1130 mm/44,5". No dry season. Sunshine 1950 hours.

Michel64,

I like those historic CIDP shots, thanks! Jv

Dear Boko :)

Thanks for the visual...but i want some stills of CIDP from you in the future ! :hmm::)

Dear Michel Greco :)

As our friend Jv said those stills are classic... :greenthumb:

Thanks friends for adding new stills now & then,And for keeping this thread alive ! :winkie:

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Some nice video footage on CIDP & its trimming ! :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmFPHm7C9A...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh3QpeowOes&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr412LAw8og...feature=related

And dear friends,just in case if any of the links have been repeated earlier..kindly bare with me.Since most of the movies start in the same fashion ! And some have their titles in spanish. :blink:

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here's a CIDP from Sweden. This one is about 140 years old and before it moved to Trelleborg it had a home in the botanical garden of Uppsala (Linné). Every year it's placed in a roundabout and varying annuals is placed next to it.

gallery_4113_128_93727.jpg

//Ciczi

• Upvote 1

Greetings from the southernmost Swedish town Trelleborg,

also known as the Palmcity.

USDA zone 7 with a good microclimate

Since I have never contributed to this long running thread.....here is a few from our vacation/convention......Ritz Carlton, Orlando, Florida.

post-97-1256692929_thumb.jpg

post-97-1256693018_thumb.jpg

post-97-1256693098_thumb.jpg

post-97-1256693249_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Dear David :)

You have contributed stills bit late in this thread but no complaints,those Cidp's in your stills are mindblowing 'Beautiful'...! :winkie: i love it..And your first still is my favouriate ! :)

Thanks & Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 3 weeks later...