Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Archonotophoenix maxima fresh seeds for sale

PalmatierMeg

My big Archonotophoenix maxima overlooking the canal in the back yard is dropping marble sized seeds. Archo max, aka the Walsh River Palm from Queensland, Australia, is one of the rarest of the kings in the US. It has the largest inflorescense of all spp in the genus. It may also be one of the cold hardiest king palms, with reports trunking palms have survived lows in the mid- to upper-20s F. It can reach 75-80' tall with 12' leaves held rigid on little to no petioles. It is beautiful and fast-growing here in SWFL. Seeds germinate easily.

Archonotophoenix maxima seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot

100 @ $15.00 for the lot

Shipping = $5.00 for up to 100 seeds.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested

Photos

Seeds

1132220340_Archonotophoenixmaximaseeds06-02-20.thumb.JPG.2101357318a6bc0ecd005c1175269b8d.JPG

Mother Palm

263627314_Archonotophoenixmaxima0109-26-19.thumb.JPG.2df39cb80983cfa85b81f5da3f9f6dca.JPG1144020606_Archonotophoenixmaxima0309-26-19.thumb.JPG.2b4d3e1611a49ccec35b81e8c3a63e43.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PalmMom007

Meg, didn’t know you had these! Would like please! 

PalmatierMeg

Response has been huge. I will attempt to send everyone at least 50 seeds but may not be able to fulfill larger orders in full. I will contact everyone interested. If I can't give you the full number of seeds you asked for I will make refunds accordingly. Thanks for all the interest.

PalmatierMeg

Seeds all spoken for now. Maybe a few more ready soon. Thanks, all

James B

Very cool. I think what’s interesting is your seeds are much more oval shaped than Alexandrae or Cunninghamiana. A lot of misinformation out there. So many palms being advertised at Maxima are nothing more than just robust Alexandrae being sold out there on the market. Yours on the other hand look like the real deal. Beautiful palm Meg!

Edited by James B

enigma99

bummer, missed the boat on these. I probably have too many Archies as it is though :lol:

Edited by enigma99

PalmatierMeg

UPDATE

I have a final harvest of 60+ Archo maxima seeds.

$10.00 for the Lot

Shipping = $5.00     No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

TOTAL = $15.00

tdocZane

I would like the last 60+ lot a A. max seeds . thanks

PalmatierMeg

Seeds are SOLD!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      In January I went to a Buddy Holly tribute at the Cape Cabaret in downtown Cape Coral. On the way in I noticed several apparently "dwarf" trunked Pseudophoenix sargentii shorter than I am planted near the side walk. Two of them had ripe seeds and had dropped many on the ground. On the way home I picked the remaining seeds and took photos. I posted those photos last month in the following topic:
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/67082-pseudophoenx-sargentii-dwarfs-cape-coral-fl/&tab=comments#comment-974787
      I questioned whether these palms were actually dwarfed like Areca catechus. Consensus was that they had been kept in pots for many years before they were planted, which resulted in their current appearance, i.e., there are no genetic dwarf P. sargentii. So you should not expect offspring of these seeds to replicate their parents if they are raised normally. 
      In addition you can read a write-up on this species in the Palmpedia link below:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Pseudophoenix_sargentii
      I have several hundred seeds of these palms for sale as follows:
      Pseudophoenix sargentii from Cape Cabaret: 50 seeds @ $10.00 for the Lot
      Shipping: $5.00 up to 150 seeds.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      A couple photos from my previous topic

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have approx. 400-500 Coccothrinax inaguensis seeds from my mother palm in Cape Coral. This is a rare species confined to a few islands in the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos. It is hardy to zones 10/11. Read about it in the Palmpedia link below:
      https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Coccothrinax_inaguensis
      The article contains a photo of my palm after it was planted as a 3g. See summary below:
      Coccothrinax inaguensis seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot
                                                           100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $6.00     via 1st class mail. No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if you are interested
      Photos
      Seeds

Mother Palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Do Cycas seeds sink or float when viable?
      I have about 8 Cycas siamensis Dwarf seeds that I've tried to germinate for almost a year. They haven't done anything but sit there. Today I took them out of their pot - they still seemed to have some heft - and put them in a tub of water. Right now they are all floating but I am giving them overnight to hydrate. If they are no good I'll compost them.
    • Tracy
      By Tracy
      I was curious how long it takes to sprout Dypsis prestoniana seeds using the baggy method.  I did the float test, cleaned a bunch of sinkers, used a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to give them a final cleaning and then put them in baggies with some moist sphagnum moss I have for mounting orchids.  I'm sure someone can weigh in regarding their experience and timeline on sprouting this species.  I started those baggies on 12/1/2020.  This evening I did the same with about 50 Dypsis heteromorpha seeds so would be curious about others experience on timeline and yield for them as well.

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For sale is the total crop of seeds of an unknown dwarf Sabal minor. I germinated this palm around 2008 from a seed sent to me by a PTer I can no longer recall. Where he got it I don't know but he sent it to me as Sabal etonia. I learned years later it is actually S. minor. That makes sense to me because actual Sabal etonias never survived for me. I planted it in my Caribbean Garden in 2009. During the 12 years I have had it, it has grown painfully slowly to its current size of 2' tall x 3-4' wide. I has flowered for years but produces crops of sometimes fewer than 100 seeds. This year's seed output is <200 seeds. It is a compact grower and should be cold hardy as any other Sabal minor.
      180+ Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds = $15.00  ONE LOT ONLY
      Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $20.00
      Payment via Paypal
      Photos
      Sabal minor unknown dwarf