IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Archonotophoenix maxima fresh seeds for sale

PalmatierMeg

My big Archonotophoenix maxima overlooking the canal in the back yard is dropping marble sized seeds. Archo max, aka the Walsh River Palm from Queensland, Australia, is one of the rarest of the kings in the US. It has the largest inflorescense of all spp in the genus. It may also be one of the cold hardiest king palms, with reports trunking palms have survived lows in the mid- to upper-20s F. It can reach 75-80' tall with 12' leaves held rigid on little to no petioles. It is beautiful and fast-growing here in SWFL. Seeds germinate easily.

Archonotophoenix maxima seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot

100 @ $15.00 for the lot

Shipping = $5.00 for up to 100 seeds.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested

Photos

Seeds

1132220340_Archonotophoenixmaximaseeds06-02-20.thumb.JPG.2101357318a6bc0ecd005c1175269b8d.JPG

Mother Palm

263627314_Archonotophoenixmaxima0109-26-19.thumb.JPG.2df39cb80983cfa85b81f5da3f9f6dca.JPG1144020606_Archonotophoenixmaxima0309-26-19.thumb.JPG.2b4d3e1611a49ccec35b81e8c3a63e43.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Response has been huge. I will attempt to send everyone at least 50 seeds but may not be able to fulfill larger orders in full. I will contact everyone interested. If I can't give you the full number of seeds you asked for I will make refunds accordingly. Thanks for all the interest.

Meg

Florida

Seeds all spoken for now. Maybe a few more ready soon. Thanks, all

Meg

Florida

Very cool. I think what’s interesting is your seeds are much more oval shaped than Alexandrae or Cunninghamiana. A lot of misinformation out there. So many palms being advertised at Maxima are nothing more than just robust Alexandrae being sold out there on the market. Yours on the other hand look like the real deal. Beautiful palm Meg!

Edited by James B

bummer, missed the boat on these. I probably have too many Archies as it is though :lol:

Edited by enigma99

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

I have a final harvest of 60+ Archo maxima seeds.

$10.00 for the Lot

Shipping = $5.00     No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

TOTAL = $15.00

PM me if you are interested

Meg

Florida

Seeds are SOLD!

Meg

Florida

• 10 months later...