IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dypsis pembana Fresh Seeds for sale

PalmatierMeg

One of my Dypsis pembanas is dropping bright red seeds like there's no tomorrow. Dypsis pembana is a fantastic sparsely clustering, sometimes solitary palm and I can't say enough good things about it. It takes blazing FL sun, heat and humidity without flinching and an ultimate winter low of 28.5F with only a bit of cold spotting. I think it could be a solid zone 9b palm. Both of my specimens cluster but each has grown only 3 trunks, no more. It grows to a manageable size of about 25 feet. Seeds germinate readily and seedlings grow fast given lots of heat. This is a tough beautiful palm that needs to be grown much oftener.

Dypsis pembana cleaned seeds: 50 seeds @ $10.00 for lot

100 seeds @ $15.00 for lot

Shipping = $5.00 for up to 100 seeds.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested

Photos

Seeds

407210388_Dypsispembanaseeds06-01-20.thumb.JPG.e611be7809543c9ad7bff298b625b6d0.JPG

Mother Palm

468438011_Dypsispembana1-0201-03-19.thumb.JPG.1d374ea2ea14f7fa8f32dbd5c955fb23.JPG443386085_Dypsispembana1-0501-03-19.thumb.JPG.9ad5803530ba36b8dceeadb14287cb2a.JPG1045891639_Dypsispembana1-06-01-03-19.thumb.JPG.d60aa550e4edc059e42997bf42d83bc2.JPG

• Like 4

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Those are great looking trees Meg I absolutely agree these are fantastic trees to have in your garden

Just cleaned another batch of pembana seeds.

Meg

Florida

Do you have these often?   

Just received my 50 today. If I have good luck with germination may want more.

1 hour ago, sashaeffer said:

Do you have these often?   

Just received my 50 today. If I have good luck with germination may want more.

Each palm seeds once a year. These seeds should last a while longer. I also potted up 10" pots with 100+ seeds to germinate and sell seedlings later.

• Like 2

Meg

Florida

• 1 month later...

2 months to sprout, but coming up like popcorn now! Exciting to watch these grow.Good quality seeds!

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

IMG_20200805_123657616.jpg

• Like 1

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

6 minutes ago, aztropic said:

2 months to sprout, but coming up like popcorn now! Exciting to watch these grow.Good quality seeds!

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Good to know on aprox time.  No germination yet for me but just right at 2 month mark so will watch close over the next week or two. Looking good!

• Like 1

Literally just popped overnight! Nothing for 2 months - then BOOM! It's been 110F+ for the last 3 weeks here.Don't be afraid to give these some heat! They obviously can take it.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

• Like 2

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

I put them in a ziploc bag with damp peat moss in my garage. Temperatures range from high 80’s to over 100*F in there. They germinated within a couple weeks for me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 2:53 PM, aztropic said:

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Glad to know yours sprouted. I've had 0 luck with any of mine this deep into Sept.