jperk

Root Hormone Recommendations

jperk

Hi guys. :) I am looking for recommendations for a brand of root hormone that's proven successful for you. I plan to propagate some Chitalpa pretty soon. I bought some root hormone off amazon a while back and didn't have much success with it / notice any difference. I'd much rather go with something that's tried and true.

Thank you!

(Sorry if this is the wrong place in the forum for questions like this)

Sherman Library & Gardens

Hi Jperk,

My go-to is usually a concentrate called Clonex Clone Solution and it also comes in a gel formulation.  I use that in an aeroponic system sold by Turboklone and it works fabulously for most woody species.  With herbaceous species, I prefer Greenlight Rooting Hormone with Oasis Rootcubes as a substrate.  The latter is of course much cheaper if you're on a budget.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

jperk
4 hours ago, Sherman Library & Gardens said:

Hi Jperk,

My go-to is usually a concentrate called Clonex Clone Solution and it also comes in a gel formulation.  I use that in an aeroponic system sold by Turboklone and it works fabulously for most woody species.  With herbaceous species, I prefer Greenlight Rooting Hormone with Oasis Rootcubes as a substrate.  The latter is of course much cheaper if you're on a budget.

Hope this helps!

I appreciate the suggestions! I think I'll invest in the Turboklone pretty soon then. I was looking into Clonex earlier today, glad to hear it's so successful, and I'll go with that as well.

Again, thank you for the help. :)