jperk

Looking for rare Bignoniaceae (Fernandoa, unusual Jacaranda, etc.)

jperk

I've seen searching for someplace to buy some rare bignoniaceae trees for some time now. I remembered seeing pictures of some of these rare plants on this site, so I figured I'd check here. Or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great as well. I've recently (within the past few years) gotten into growing my own trees, and it's become a bit of an obsession now. I know TopTropicals has some, but I'd wind up paying more for shipping than the plant itself, so I'm leaving that as a last resort. I'm located in So. Cal and would gladly pick up from someone down here as well!

Fernandoa (magnifica, madagascariensis, or most other aside from adenophylla)

Any Jacaranda other than J. mimosifolia

Any Radermachera aside from R. sinica and R. kunming 

Any Markhamia aside from M. lutea

Etc.

Oh, and seeds for such plants would be more than okay also!

Edited by jperk

LJG

I have a 15 gallon Radermachera ignea for $100

jperk
On 5/20/2020 at 9:00 AM, LJG said:

I have a 15 gallon Radermachera ignea for $100

Hi LJG. :) Sorry for the late reply - been busy with midterms recently.

Radermachera ignea is actually the one plant I've been able to get my hands on since I made this post, haha. I purchased two smaller ones. I've also had some seeds for it for a while now. The first time I planted them, not one sprouted, so I figured the batch wasn't viable.  I recently threw the rest into a pot just 'cuz, and now a bunch are sprouting, haha. 

I really do appreciate the offer, but I think I'll pass on that one. While a large one like that would be nice, there are so many other plants on my list as well, and I want to keep my wallet happy as well. :P If something goes wrong with the ones I have at the moment, I'll definitely hit you up though! 

2128837640_20200520_12112512185.thumb.jpg.c48cbd2c562abef3dda23183f7472a00.jpg

• Upvote 1