IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New old man palm and nursery tour

Rickybobby

Enjoy everyone 

My daughters and I tour of Norfolk exotics here in Norfolk county southern Ontario and our new palm

9FFF582C-02C9-45AA-AB28-F876A024AEFA.jpeg

30CE50E5-0554-4CCD-AF98-B3294D2AF747.jpeg

F4CAE38A-646F-4E11-A4C1-F4F723A738BA.jpeg

• Like 7

Very jealous of that nursery! I haven't found anything like that in Georgia. Enjoy your new palm!

Edited by PalmX

That is one nice nursery anywhere.  Expect to see that in southern FL, or Ca.  Not in the Great White North!  Nice find Rob!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the tour

i am headed down there next week possibly

are you up for trading seedlings?

i have Phoenix theophrasti, Jubaea chilensis , Archontophoenix cunninghamiana 'Illawarra'  and Chamaerops humilis var. cerifera seedlings i could trade

4 hours ago, subsonicdrone said:

thanks for the tour

i am headed down there next week possibly

are you up for trading seedlings?

i have Phoenix theophrasti, Jubaea chilensis , Archontophoenix cunninghamiana 'Illawarra'  and Chamaerops humilis var. cerifera seedlings i could trade

What are you looking for?

nothing in particular...

ones you have a surplus of i guess?

are you interested in any of the ones on my list?

they are pretty small still

I have tons of queens Xmas trachys washys dates etc and more rare in small quantities maybe just come by for a beer potentially and we can work something out 

• Upvote 1

sure that would be great, i will have a friend with me..

i will pm you my #

not sure exactly which day yet

• 4 months later...

RickyBobby

Appreciate the tour.  I have a personal tropical greenhouse with 10 palms and a scattering of small tropicals.  I am always looking for sources for tropicals but the nearest to me is Cincinnatti, over 5 hour drive (I'm in Pittsburgh, PA).  Another closer source would be appreciated. However, is there any issue with transporting live plants into the US from your location?

I look forward to hearing from you.

A look at my place:

IMG_4278.thumb.jpg.9f996055d71bf82646a22a16349cf9df.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good question I know my greenhouse imports them easily since they don’t survive here. Are you talking importing seedlings? Love your greenhouse 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave L

Hi and thanks for the reply.  I am only interested in another source for me to buy tropicals.  The best source I have is 5 hours away and your place appears to only be 4.  

I would most likely not want seedlings, but rather established plants.  I know that bringing in live plants from Mexico is sometimes a problem, but not sure about Canada. Any input would be appreciated.