Sign in to follow this  
Bill H2DB

Palms and a BIG oak on a breezy day in Florida

Bill H2DB

Here's a video of some palms under the large live oak hanging over much of my yard . I call her  " Big Bertha " .

Those branches up there are each around 42" or more in diameter . A nice breezy day , with the Spanish Moss swaying .

49838573191_f015fda979_c.jpgBreezy day in Florida by Bill H, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      At minute 13:43 there appears to be the fallen fronds of a royal palm. I saw nothing like that throughout the gentleman’s walk through the swamp until that point. Does anyone have any idea where this might be?

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I was taking photos in the back yard jungle a couple days ago. The following planted/potted palms were ready for their closeups:
      Syagrus schizophylla - The only Syagrus with spines, I think. Very slow growing compared to queens. I grew this specimen from seeds I found under a display at my local orange BB about 10 years ago. It was unfazed by fusarium wilt that destroyed all my queens, mules and Washy.

Ptychosperma sp - Solitary, skinny little palm with huge ruffled leaves. New leaves open bronze-y red, then turn dark green.

Chamaedorea ernesti-augusti - This species cannot tolerate my alkaline soil and dies within weeks of being planted. So, I grew these from seeds started 10 years ago and they live their lives in pots. Those stems are thinner than my forefinger.

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      I gave Phil at Jungle Music (and UPS ) a chunk of my stimulus check. 

C. Benzii, C. Plumosa, and another Kentia that def needs to be repotted and was way bigger than Phil told me over the phone. 

Pretty sure my apartment manager is gonna send me a nastygram email, and now I really need to get off my culo and repot some things so I can give them away. 

• Mr.Piriyakul
      By Mr.Piriyakul
      Hey everyone, 
      I know I pretty back to back, but I just trimmed my coonties because I think scale is starting to die back from a months long battle with the pests. I sprayed neem and scale specific oils for a month, daily.  The plant was still healthy and a hard cortex gave me some hope for a bounce back. I picked scale from the cortex with my girlfriend. I hope you can give me advice on if the scale will die back and leave totally with continued treatment, plus ground coffee. I know its not proven but why not try. Will the flush come back ? Did I do a dumb thing? 
    • Mr.Piriyakul
      By Mr.Piriyakul
      Hello People,
      I posted this already on palms in pots but some people directed me here for more help. I just want to know if My En Lehmannii will say blue in South Florida. If the rain is to much can I just being them in and out side as needed to keep the blue? These are my questions. Plus I have this Dioon Spinulosa pup with roots. The leaves on it are from a old flush before I bought it (so I am told), Will new flush come in July/ Juneish? I know I wait but I am curious and new to cycads.  Thanks everyone