Sign in to follow this  
Kaname-kun

Help with ID

Kaname-kun

Any ideas on the identity--maybe a Wallichia or Arenga? Grayish leaf undersides, not white; individuals leaves quite thin and not undulated. Fronds are about 5 feet long . . . Thanks! Included image of new offshoot and trunk. 

Mystery1.jpg

Mystery2.jpg

Mystery3.jpg

Mystery4.jpg

Mystery 5.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Really full garden
      By Really full garden
      I live in a real jungle and it is easy for my palms to "disappear". This morning we actually had some sun and so I went exploring and found a 3m tall Wallichia oblongifolia shining in the dappled sun .I have not seen this palm for at least three years and it has done very well on its own.When it was planted four years ago it was Wallichia densiflora.

I also found a variegated rhapis palm on deaths door that I hope I can save (planted in a too wet and now too dark location).

Our rainy season is starting to slow down.We are getting just an inch of rain per day instead of the usual five to six inches just a week ago.

• gyuseppe
      By gyuseppe
      Hello to all
      I had this with an exchange, have said it is a Chamaedorea,I see that it is not a Chamaedorea.
      I think a arenga,is arenga?

thanks
    • realarch
      By realarch
      Check out this monster and bizzare inflorescence on this palm. It's flowered before, but never this large.
      I remember seeing Bill Austin's do this and you do a double take when you see it. It looks like Audrey in 'Little Shop of Horrors.'