IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Walk About

Bill Austin

Absolute spectacular!!!

What a great tour - thank you very much!!!

Just one id-request...

F40AA2AB-FEF2-4597-8AF3-A5D7DE11D3D8.thumb.jpeg.304771a5b92e747ea1553a8ff43e6529.jpeg

Among all those great looking palms this species caught somehow my attention - if possible an id would be great...

best regards from Okinawa -

Lars

I think those are Philodendron verrucosum?  Wow, such a beautiful property. Took my breath away.  Thanks.

I believe its Faust's anthurium

Anthurium Faustomiandae

Tracy

Stuart, Florida

Zone 10a

So many palms, so little room

Bill, your garden is incredible.  Thank you for sharing your walkabout

I would love.to see it in person if I am ever in your area.

Tracy

Stuart, Florida

Zone 10a

So many palms, so little room

I think those are Philodendron verrucosum?  Wow, such a beautiful property. Took my breath away.  Thanks.

I believe I saw Carpoxylon macrospermums, johannesteijmania altifrons and dictyocaryum lamarkianums as well. Correct me please if this is wrong.. many more i would like to identify..  Wow, such a beautiful property. Took my breath away.  Thanks.

8 hours ago, Bill Austin said:

Tracy that is anthurium not sure which one and the palm ID is beccariophoenis alfredii.

Wow that bad boy is stretched out. Your garden looks so Jurassic , so prehistoric just amazing !!! 

T J 

20 hours ago, Bill Austin said:

Tracy that is anthurium not sure which one and the palm ID is beccariophoenis alfredii.

Bill,

thank you very much! 

I knew from images that they get big but yours looks gigantic - wow, absolutely impressive!

I planted some seed grown ones here and there in my garden - well, I think I got to do some rearrangements.... :blush:

Thank's again -

Lars

Amazing as always! 

Your Dypsis sp Bejouf is getting big!  Looks like it’s finally hitting its stride! 

Bill,

That was a walk of pure pleasure and torment. Just to be able to grow some of those species would be great. Your palm garden is what I dream of making mine like and I am very jealous. Very inspiring

On 4/17/2020 at 7:54 PM, Bill Austin said:

Hopefully no repeats went on an afternoon walk with Nong to whats new.30F1794A-F00E-428C-BEA9-3059D476D415.thumb.jpeg.9b0b2ddd269e2b57518315caa821a9cb.jpeg7ECC5E1A-6D03-4938-9EF5-7A1531A5499A.thumb.jpeg.a9dbe957d0494fe234242cacb681e515.jpeg176B14BB-7C4C-45E6-B4A1-FBF728877D20.thumb.jpeg.7a3a3b89ab760e851df2bd5caeea4f9e.jpeg453F0A42-68E9-4ECE-BBBB-923222769202.thumb.jpeg.0184c3a319f2af0d102b8455d6a6c93b.jpeg

FD90DD08-D9D0-4D1F-B727-51CD2B0D0BEE.jpeg

Hello Bill, it's been a minute! Your garden is so extensive and mature, it's hard to take it all in.  Such a mind-boggling collection! Your photos are tremendous inspiration for beginners like me. 

A few questions and comments: first photo quoted above has been bugging me -- seems so familiar, but I can't identify this palm holding such a full body of leaves. Please ID.  Second photo, what is the delicate palm shown?  Third photo, what a fantastic view! Layer upon layer of tropical palms and plants, I love it! Fourth photo, Euterpe catinga? or orange crownshaft? And last photo, another glorious view of layers of beauty!

Thank you, Bill!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Hi! Kim thanks the first one is burretiokentia dumasii the second is ravenea glauca the last is eterpe orange CS.. Hope all is well for you and Bow.