Sign in to follow this  
AshW

Cyrtostachys renda - Nutrient Deficiency

AshW

Hi - I am having ongoing challenges with my potted lipsticks. I have 14 in total, but some are more impacted than others. The foliage appears very light compared to the dark green that they used to be. Additionally, some are producing fronds that are stunted and some of the really bad ones appear "burnt". I have been fertilising every 6 months with Scotts Osmocote, which indicates that it is suitable for palms. I have also given them a handful of Blood n Bone a few months ago, but they have not improved.

Last year I have issues with Mealy, Mites and Sooty Mould, but that has now been resolved. I can't see any obvious signs of pests.

We live in Singapore so the climate is well suited.

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0034.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

Edited by AshW

David York

Yes, certainly a nutritional issue. What are they actually growing in under those pebbles? To me, those pictures indicate possible nitrogen deficiency.  Also, a bit of dryness at the roots perhaps (brown tips).

Potted palms need extra special attention when it comes to food and water.  In hotter climates this is even more important.